Apparel Export Promotion Council is a nodal agency for the promotion of ready-made garments from India. The Council is the crucial link between Indian Garments Exporter and Global Markets. It is sponsored by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is the only institution at the national level recognized under Foreign Trade Policy.
Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) through AEPC
An exporter of textiles is required to get a Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) from the AEPC for availing various benefits under the Foreign Trade Policy. For registration purposes, AEPC has been recognized by the Government as an Export Promotion Council.
Who can get AEPC-RCMC?
Any applicant who is an exporter of garments whether manufacturer exporter or merchant exporter shall be eligible to be registered as a
- Registered Exporter
- Member exporter
Eligibility for Register Exporter
- The Applicant is a registered firm/company/Individual (proprietor the proprietor must be of 18 years of age)
- The Applicant must not be an undischarged insolvent
- The Applicant must have IE Code as provided by DGFT and Digital Signature Certificate
- Application form- can be downloaded from this site
- A self-certified copy of the IEC certificate.
- An Undertaking on non-judicial stamp paper duly notarized
- A self-attested copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association /Partnership deed/Certificate of Registrar of firm etc. as the case may be
- In case Manufacturer exporter self-attested copy of SSI
- Certificate/Letter of Intent/Industrial License /Acknowledgement issued by the concerned Authority duly self-attested.
- Entrance fee for New Registration Rs. 1180/-
- Annual Fee Rs. 9440/-
Eligibility For Member Exporter
In addition to the qualifications of a Registered Exporter, the Applicant must have the following.
- The aggregate export performance of clothes of the firm/company is quite Rs. 1 crore during the previous three financial years.
- Prescribed Application form duly filled
- Exporter's turnover during the previous three Financial years duly certified by a Chartered Accountant / Banker.
- Original Registration cum Membership Certificate of Registered Exporter.
- The application for Conversion from Registered Exporter to Member Exporter alongside the above documents could also be submitted either at Registered Office/Head Office of the Council or at concerned branches of the Council.
- Rs. 9440/ for annual subscription as a registered exporter.
- Rs.1770/- as entrance fee for member exporter
Subsidies or schemes under AEPC for exporters
There are various schemes and supports that can be availed of by exporters under the aegis of the AEPC. Let’s consider some of them:
- AEPC’s market development schemes, which include Exporters Availed Market Access Initiative Scheme, Technology Upgradation Funds Scheme, Market Development Assistance Scheme, Focus Market Scheme, Textile Centre Infrastructure Development Scheme, Apparel Park, Scheme for Integrated Textiles Parks, and Special Economic Zones.
- Interest Equalisation Scheme, or interest subvention, is an interest deduction available on pre- and post-shipment export credit, such as packing credit.
- Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme was introduced to facilitate new and appropriate technology.
- Rebate of State Levies Scheme supports the textile sector to provide zero-rated export taxes and raise the overall level of competitiveness in the global market
Once you are a member, you will need to renew your membership with the AEPC every year; non-renewal can lead to automatic cancellation.
- Member Exporters: Rs. 11210
- Registered Exporter: Rs. 10620
If membership is not renewed in the preceding year, then membership will be ceased and a fresh membership needs to be obtained for being a member in next preceding years.
No. Registered Member Certificate is required to become Member Exporter. And, the turnover of the applicant over the preceding three financial years must be more than 1 Cr.
The validity of the registration is one year which expires on 1st April of every year. The renewal fee must be paid on or before the 31st of May of that year. Failure will lead to cancellation of registration
Both Merchant and Manufacturing exporters can apply for registration. However, a manufacturing exporter has to provide proof for his manufacturing facility
- Small Scale Industry Licence (or)
- Industrial Licence (or)
- Factory Licence (or)
- Undertaking by the Manufacturer on non-judicial paper as to him being a manufacturer.
Import-Export Code is issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade to the proprietor as proof of being Exporter/Importer
As of now, AEPC has offline registration. For offline registration, the filled-in application form along with documents enclosed has to be submitted in the regional office. Fees have to be paid by way of Demand Draft in favour of AEPC. It will soon implement Online Registration facility
20 Working Days
Just tell us a little bit about your business and you'll have your Spice Board-RCMC in 30 working days (subject to government approval). It's that simple.
9.1 Customer Score
We make your interaction with the government as smooth as possible and we will be doing all the application work for you. We will also give you absolute clarity on the process to set realistic expectations.
160 Strong Team
Our team of experienced business advisors are a phone call away, should you have any queries about the process. But we'll try to ensure that your doubts are cleared before they even arise