FIEO - RCMC
Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) is the Apex body of export promotion councils, commodity boards and export development authorities in India FIEO provides for a platform to facilitate the interface between the international trading community of India and the Central and State Governments, financial institutions, ports, railways, surface transport & all engaged in export trade facilitation. FIEO, directly and indirectly, serves the interests of over 1 lakh exporters from every goods and services sector in the country
Registration cum Membership Certificate:
FIEO is recognized as an Export Promotion Council for the purpose of issuing Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC). An exporter is required to get RCMC for availing various benefits under the Foreign Trade Policy. By registering with FIEO, an exporter has the double advantage of getting the benefits under the Foreign tars_scriptde Policy, as well as the benefit o,f FIEO’s services.
Who can obtain RCMC from FIEO:
- Any Status Holder has the option of obtaining RCMC from FIEO
- An Exporter whose main line of business is not covered by any Export Promotion Council/Commodity Board
- A Multi Product Exporter whose main line of business is yet to be settled.
- Service providers not covered under Sl. No. 22 of Appendix 2 of Handbook of Procedures
- Trade Concessions under Foreign Trade Policy
- MAI Grant – FIEO disburses MAI grant to eligible members participating in exhibitions/trade fairs/delegation abroad organized by it and also provides booths at subsidized cost to its members in overseas exhibitions. FIEO participates in around 50 well renowned exhibitions in a year world over.
- Hosting on FIEO website – FIEO provides its members the opportunity of uploading product pictures on its website free of cost. FIEO member can also host its profile on FIEO website which is searchable.
- Search with FIEO – FIEO website has a search engine where buyers can search for exporters from India dealing in different products. Names of only FIEO members are displayed and buyers have the option to contact member exporters directly.
- Platform to members to discuss issues with various authorities like excise, customs, DGFT, etc. Regular meetings are organized with the decision-makers so as to solve the problems faced by exporters.
- Certificate of Origin and Visa Recommendation Letters to members to facilitate their overseas travel.
- online chat facility to seek clarification on international trade issues, including policy clarifications.
Procedure for Registration
- An exporter would be able to file his application on DGFT website.
- You will have to hand over the hard copy of application along with requisite documents including application fee to the concerned officer.
- A self-certified copy of the IEC Number issued by the DGFT.
- A Cheque/Pay Order/Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Federation of Indian Export Organisations towards Annual Membership Subscription
- Letter of Authority on the letterhead of the firm duly completed and signed
- Self certified copy of the SSI Registration Certificate/Industrial Licence for merchants.
- A self-certified copy of One Star/Two Star/Three Star/Four Star/Five Star Export House Certificate, if applicable.
- ID proof of Director(s) / Partner(s)/ Proprietor(s) (Adhaar/ Driving Licence/ Voter ID Card/ Passport)
- GST number
- Export Turnover country-wise/commodity-wise for the past 3 financial years as per the proforma provided.
Annual subscription fee:
|Service Providers ||Rs. 6,250.00 |
|Multi Product Group – Premier (Turnover more than 5 Cr) ||Rs. 7,000.00 |
|Multi Product Group Category ||Rs. 6,250.00 |
|Individual Exporter ||Rs. 6,250/- |
*Additional Rs. 1000 and 18% of GST will be added along with the amount specified in the column.
Validity of Registration
RCMC shall be deemed to be valid from 1st April of licensing year in which it was issued and shall be valid for five years ending 31st March of licensing year, unless otherwise specified.
“Status Holder” means the exporters holding Recognition Certificate, for their outstanding export performances, issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade. Also known as Star Exporter
- Health Care Services including services by nurses, physiotherapist and paramedical personnel
- Educational Services
- Entertainment Services including audio-visual services
- Consultancy Services
- Architectural Services and related services
- Distribution Services
- Accounting/ Auditing and Bookkeeping Services
- Environment Services
- Maritime Transport Services
- Advertising Services
- Marketing Research and Public Opinion Polling Services/ Management Services
- Printing and Publishing
- Legal Services
- Hotel and tourism-related services.
In the month of December every year, the membership subscription bill for next financial year’s subscription together with one year’s outstanding membership subscription is generated by the Head of Accounts of the Regional Office and is sent to members under a covering letter issued under the signature of Regional Head by December 15.
20 Working Days
Just tell us a little bit about your business and you'll have your FIEO-RCMC in 30 working days (subject to government approval). It's that simple.
9.1 Customer Score
We make your interaction with the government as smooth as possible and we will be doing all the application work for you. We will also give you absolute clarity on the process to set realistic expectations.
160 Strong Team
Our team of experienced business advisors are a phone call away, should you have any queries about the process. But we'll try to ensure that your doubts are cleared before they even arise.