Incorporating a Company in Malaysia is quick, easy, and can be done online with Vakilsearch in 3 simple steps:
The prevailing process of registering a company in Malaysia is a simple and hassle-free one. You can incorporate your company in this country even with one hundred percent foreign ownership. This type of a company is known here as Sendirian Berhad. However, the Malaysian Government has listed certain specific industries only to have the advantage of complete foreign ownership.
A foreigner can start business in Malaysia by either merging with a local company or by registering the foreign company in Malaysia with Companies Commission of Malaysia.
As per the Malaysia laws, only two types of Companies can incorporate in Malaysia.
Some more advantages of incorporating a company in Malaysia are as follows-
Subscribers and Directors - A minimum of 2 subscribers and directors are mandatorily required for registering a company in Malaysia.
Company Secretary - A company needs to appoint a company secretary who is a member of the professional body by the Minister of Domestic Trade Cooperative and Consumerism and should be licensed by the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM).
It is mandated by the Government that the company secretary and the proposed director of the company will have their only or principal place of residence in Malaysia only.
1. The company needs to select a suitable name for itself and then have it verified for availability. To do so, the company needs to refer to the Government Gazette. It will have the required guidelines for applying for the said verification.
2. For company registration, the Inland Revenue Board should affix the official company stamp. The AoA & MoA should mention the details of all the secretaries and directors. The subscribers of the shares of the company also need to sign the AoA & MoA in presence of a witness.
3. The director or promoter have to submit a declaration stating the he/she is not bankrupt and has no criminal record.
4. The designated company secretary should also sign a compliance declaration certifying that all the statutory requirements as prescribed in the Companies Act have been complied with.
5.Identity proof of directors.
6. Company name approval letter from SSM.
After the company complies with the procedure of application, submits all valid documents and pays the application fee, the SSM will issue the Certificate of Corporation. Thereafter, the company will obtain the permit to start business operations as mentioned in the MoA.
Please note:All the documents are required to be in either English or Malay language.
At Vakilsearch, we can deliver all your documentation requirements in just four working days. And if you're not totally satisfied, we'll take another couple of days to work on the modifications you need. All at the lowest price, both online and offline.
We make your interaction with government as smooth as is possible by doing all the paperwork for you. We will also give you absolute clarity on the process to set realistic expectations.
Our team of experienced business advisors are a phone call away, should you have any queries about the process. But we'll try to ensure that your doubts are cleared before they even arise.