GST Enrollment has begun for dealers already registered under VAT, Service Tax or Excise (etc.) in most states. The enrollment procedure begins with the provisional ID and password and we’re regularly asked where the password and ID are to be found. Well, it’s easy enough for you to do yourself, so let’s find out what you need to do. Do note that the provisional ID and password applies only to already registered dealers.
Provisional ID For Maharashtra VAT Taxpayers
1. Visit Mahavat Website: The first thing you do is log on to www.mahavat.gov.in.
2. Log in to the website using your username and password.
3. Click on e-services.
4. Click on GSTN Enrollment Provisional ID or e-Return only (VAT/CST) for 2016-17.
5. You will be redirected to a page on the Department of Sales Tax, Maharashtra website. You must click on ‘Click for Return Filing’.
6. A message ‘Please click to access Provisional ID credentials’ will now appear on your screen.
7. You will now be redirected to a form that will ask for your details as a dealer. Once submitted, a pop-up with two options will appear. The first is for downloading an acknowledgement and the second for the GST portal.
8. The acknowledgement is a PDF that will contain the provisional ID and password.