Students from economically disadvantaged groups can access higher education at reduced costs with the help of the first graduate certificate.
The first Graduate certificate program facilitates access to higher education for students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The scheme is implemented by the Tamil Nadu federal govt to help and inspire students from low-income families to receive an education and improve their lives.
Realizing whether or not you’re qualified to obtain your first graduate certificate and exactly how to implement it can help you receive financial assistance for your higher education on time. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of applying for your first graduate certificate online, step by step.
What Is the First Graduate Certificate?
Students from non-graduate families receive the very first graduate certificate or even no graduate certificate from the Tamil Nadu government. Holders of this certification are eligible for tuition discounts and sponsorships at universities and colleges in Tamil Nadu.
This certification aims to make it simple for students from low-income families to receive access to education at a low cost. After graduating from high school, the tahsildar of the Tamil Nadu Administration’s income tax department distributes the certificate to students who are eligible. This certificate is valid for fee reductions during college admission.
Eligibility for The First Graduate Certificate
The following are the requirements for obtaining this first graduate certificate:
- The applicant must be a Tamil Nadu resident.
- There should be no other graduates in the family.
- This certificate should not have been given to siblings.
Amount of the First Graduate Scholarship
Candidates will receive the following scholarship amount:
- Day-scholar- ₹25,000/year
- Hosteller- ₹25,000/year
What are the Advantages of the First Graduate Certificate?
The first graduate certificate offers candidates at higher education institutions in Tamil Nadu substantial fee concessions and scholarships. This comprises both governmental and privately run colleges and universities. To take advantage of this scheme, register for it and obtain the certificate while applying for college admission.
Documents Required for The First Graduate Certificate
The applicant must have the necessary documents in order to register for this certificate:
- Ration book
- PAN number
- Driving Permit
- Electoral Photo ID Card Passport
- The Aadhar card
- The applicant’s school transfer certificate (TC).
- Father and mother’s self-declaration form.
- Father and mother’s school transfer certificates.
- The applicant’s most recent academic credentials.
How much does the First Graduate Certificate Cost?
The application fee is ₹60, which you can pay with, internet banking, credit card, or debit card while completing the online form. There are no additional charges. After you paid the service charge, you can obtain the certificate as many times as you want without incurring any additional fees.
How long does the First Graduate Certificate Last?
The certificate remains valid for a maximum of three years after it is issued. So, once you graduate from high school, make sure to apply for the certificate. You may submit it during university admissions to qualify for reduced tuition as well as other qualifying grants for first-year students.
Procedure to Apply for The First Graduate Certificate Scheme
Follow the steps outlined below to obtain your certificate:
- Step 1: Access the website. The applicant must first access the e-District Tamil Nadu official website. https://www.tn.gov.in/scheme/data_view/27488
- Step 2: Select Certificate Service from the drop-down menu. The applicant must select Certificate Service.
- Step 3: Type in your Username and Password. The applicant must then log in with his or her username and password.
- Step 4: Save the form to your computer. The certificate application form can be downloaded after providing the username and password.
- Step 5: Input the data. The information required in the registration form is listed below.
- Step 6: Form submission. Submit the completed form to the appropriate authority.
Checking the Status of the First Graduate Certificate Online
After uploading the necessary documents and submitting their application, users can see the progress of the certificate whilst also logging into the revenue department’s web portal. To confirm the state of the application, take the following steps:
- Enter your username and password id and password to access the TN e-Sevai web portal
- In your dashboard, go to the service tab and select the ‘check status’ option https://edistricts.tn.gov.in/revenue/status.html
- You can use this service to reflect the actual status of your application.
How to Get Your First Graduate Diploma Online
You can download the certificate once it has been approved and digitally signed by the VAO as well as tahsildar via the same platform that you used to register. The steps that you need to take in order to obtain your certificate online:
- Log into the portal and select the ‘check status’ option
- Input the registration details and press the ‘search’ button
- If the certificate is fully prepared, click the ‘download certificate’ button.
Vakilsearch can also offer the knowledge and assistance you require regarding The First Graduate Certificate and how it functions. Get in touch with us to know more.