All candidates have access to offline and online application processes. To apply for the Lakshmi Bhandar Yojana, they can choose any choice. The government of West Bengal has developed the West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme to offer basic income assistance to the female heads of the household.
Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme for West Bengal by 2023 Apply Online & Download Application Form & Check Application Status | Many households lack basic income support, making it impossible for them to cover their daily expenses. The West Bengal Scheme was introduced by the West Bengali government for all of those individuals. The government will offer basic income support to female household heads through this program.
The West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar scheme’s aim, features, advantages, application form, eligibility requirements, needed papers, etc. will all be covered in detail on this page. Therefore, if you want to learn everything there is to know about this program, please read this article through to the conclusion.
Highlights of West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme 2023
|Scheme Name||West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme|
|Scheme Launched by||Government of West Bengal State|
|Objective||To Provide Financial Support|
|Beneficiary||Female Heads of Household|
|Application Process||Online/ Offline|
|For General Category||Rs.500 per month|
|For SC/ ST Category||Rs.1000 per month|
West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Rules & Regulations 2023
- Starting in September 2021, the shortlisted individuals will get financial support.
- People can obtain free registration application forms from government camps.
- Schedule for applications: 16 August to 15 September.
- Along with the application form, certain documents are needed, including the Adhar Card and the bank account passbook. These papers must be submitted on time by all applicants.
- Members of the taxpayer’s family, even if only one, cannot apply for this programme.
- Candidates from the general category who own more than two hectares of land are likewise ineligible to apply for the WB Lakshmi Bhandar Yojana.
- The money will be put right into the band beneficiary’s account.
- The beneficiary’s Aadhar card number needs to be connected to the bank account.
- Female candidates who are West Bengal permanent residents and are between the ages of 25 and 60 are eligible to apply.
- West Bengal State casual labourers are eligible to apply under this programme.
- Female candidates are not eligible to apply for permanent jobs in the commercial or public sector under this programme.
Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme 2023
The government of West Bengal has developed West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme to offer basic income assistance to the female heads of the household. Through this program, the government would give general category households Rs 500 per month and SC/ST families Rs 1000 per month.
This program will help West Bengal’s around 1.6 crore families. The average monthly family consumption expense in the state, which is Rs 5249, has been taken into consideration when launching this program. 10% to 20% of a beneficiary’s monthly expenses will be paid with the aid of the financial assistance offered via this program. Beneficiaries’ bank accounts will receive a direct deposit of the benefit amount under this program.
The Majority of Applications Received Under Laxmi Bhandar in Phase 2
The West Bengal government has planned the Duare Sarkar Project Camp’s second phase. The dates for these camps are 16 August through 15 September. Citizens can apply for numerous state government programs through these camps. In the first two days, 29,02,049 individuals attended 18,500 camps that were planned. The West Bengal Laxmi Bhandar plan, which provides women heads of general households with monthly income support of Rs. 500 and women heads of SC or ST families with monthly income support of Rs. 1000, is the most popular program, according to government sources. Through these camps, our program has attracted more than 60% of applicants.
Applying for Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme Under Separate Counters
The government has also set up specialised counters for the application of this plan in Duare Sarkar camps. Following the Laxmi Bhandar scheme, the Swasthya Sathi scheme and caste certificates are the second and third most popular programs, respectively. In order to bring government services to West Bengal residents’ homes, the Duare Sarkar program was started in January. The South 24 Parganas region submitted the most applications. In the first two days, South 24 Parganas got 471887 applications for all the initiatives.
Extension of the Duare Sarkar Camps Deadline
The Lakshmi Bhandar program, West Bengal’s largest cash transfer program, has begun to be implemented. Thousands of women have signed up for this program around the state. A direct benefit transfer of ₹500 per month for women in the general category and ₹1000 per month for women in the reserved category is made available through this program. Trinamool Congress made a campaign pledge to implement this plan. Recently, the third stage of the Duare Sarkar camp has been organised by the government. Most applications under the West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme are submitted via Duare Sarkar camps.
- Many individuals are congregating in these camps to submit applications for this programme. Crowd scenes were also described.
- Mamata Banerjee, the chief minister of West Bengal, has urged people not to congregate at the camps and has said that if it is deemed necessary to extend the deadline for Duare Sarkar Camos, the government would also prolong the term of these camps.
The Monthly Cost to Implement the Scheme
On 16 August, the Duare sarkar camps opened. By 23 August, approximately 1 crore individuals had visited these camps after almost a week. Up till 23 August, there were 97.79 lakh visitors to the duare Sarkar camps, and just on 24 August, there was 17.24 lakh. Through these camps, it is anticipated that roughly 2 crore women would sign up for the Lakshmi Bhandar program. The West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar project would cost ₹1100 crore each month to operate, and it may benefit up to 1.6 crore people. Only those couples that have a government job and pension cannot apply under this plan.
Budget and Statistics Of West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme
Every family in the SC and ST communities will be covered by this plan. The government has determined the requirements for the general category. For this program, the government has allotted a budget of ₹12900 crores. The West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme was included in the Trinamool Congress’ electoral platform.
Beginning on 1 July, this plan will be put into action. A database of certain qualified beneficiaries, including 33 lakh women recipients of social security programs, is already available from the West Bengali government. Under this scheme’s direct benefit transfer option, these beneficiaries can be purchased right away. Applications will be sought by the government for the remaining families. The state’s rural and urban economies will grow as a result of the scheme’s adoption.
Beneficiaries Will Begin Getting Financial Aid in September
The West Bengal Laxmi Bhandar plan was introduced by the West Bengali government for women. Women from scheduled castes and tribes will get Rs. 1000 per month under this program, while women from other categories would receive Rs. 500. The administration has made the decision to start offering this financial aid on September 1. This program will benefit all women between the ages of 25 and 60, with the exception of those who work in the commercial or public sector on a permanent basis. Even temporary workers are eligible to enroll in this programme.
- Through Dware Sarkar camps that will be hosted around the state, citizens can apply for this programme. From August 16 through September 15, the government will accept applications for this program through these camps.
- Any recipient who receives a Laxmi Bhandar card on October 20 will also start receiving help in September. In addition, these camps will answer any other questions you may have about this plan.
The West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme’s Purpose
The West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme 2023’s primary goal is to give female heads of households a basic income. The female heads of the household will get Rs. 500 (general category) and Rs. 1000 under this program (SC and ST category). The people of West Bengal would be able to fund their daily activities thanks to this financial assistance. They will become independent thanks to this plan. The program will also strengthen the state’s rural and urban economies. The people of West Bengal can no longer rely on outsiders to provide for their everyday requirements.
Features And Benefits Of The West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Program
- The government of West Bengal has started the West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Yojana
- Through this plan, the female household head will receive cash assistance.
- For general categories, the monthly financial assistance would be ₹500, while for SC and ST categories, it will be ₹1000.
- This program will assist West Bengal’s 1.6 crore families.
- This plan is introduced keeping in view the state average monthly consumer spending of a family of ₹5249
- With the aid of this plan, about 10% to 20% of the monthly expenses of the recipient would be covered
- The recipients of this plan will get direct bank account transfers of the reward amount.
- Every household from the SC and ST communities is eligible to apply under this programme.
- The government of West Bengal has set a budget of ₹12900 crores for the execution of this program
- The West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme was included in the Trinamool Congress’ electoral platform.
- The implementation of this system will commence from 1 July.
- The candidate must be a West Bengali national.
- All SC and ST category households are eligible to apply under this programme.
- Families in the general category who have at least one tax-paying member are unable to apply under this programme.
- Citizens from the general category who own more than 2 hectares of land are not eligible to apply for this programme.
The West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar scheme’s aim, features, advantages, application form, eligibility requirements, needed papers, etc. to get all the updates related to the scheme which can be beneficial for you and to get all the information at one place. Don’t forget to get in touch with the legal experts of Vakilsearch if you have any further queries related to this scheme.
- Significant Aspects of the Duty Drawback Scheme
- Export Schemes for MSMEs
- Statistics of the Export-Oriented Units (EOU) Scheme?