Know all the details relating to Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2022-23. Read in detail about the necessary documents and the process to go through to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Ujjwala 2.0 Overview
In our nation, LPG is still unavailable to millions of households. This results in a variety of challenges for them. Thus, on 1 May 2016, the Central Government introduced the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2022-23 (PMUY). With the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, women in the country with APL, BPL, and ration cards will have access to cooking gas.
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of the Central Government will administer this program. Here is more information about the PM Ujjwala Yojana application process. Additionally, you will gain a deeper understanding of the objectives and requirements of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2022-23
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2022-23 provides ₹1600 financial assistance to BPL and APL ration card holders. Through this project, the government aims to provide LPG connections to poor APL and BPL families in the country. To benefit from the PMUY the woman should be at least 18 years of age.
Rajasthan Will Get 12 Cylinders per Year for ₹ 500
It was announced by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot that from 1 April 2022, citizens with the BPL card and those covered under the Ujjwala scheme will get an LPG cylinder for ₹500. It is said to greatly unburden the common people of the state.
Under the Ujjwala Scheme, the Gujarat Government Will Give Two Free Cylinders to 38 Lakh Beneficiaries Every Year.
The Gujarat government had announced plans to provide 2 free cylinders to the citizens covered under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. Along with interest-free loans to buy stoves, refills, connections and hot plates are to be provided. The scheme was launched by the Prime Minister and as a start, 10 women were given LPG connections through a virtual medium.
The scheme simplifies the paperwork as a self-declaration can work as proof of address instead of a ration card. In addition during the corona period cylinders were provided for 6 months.
1 Crore New Beneficiaries Were Added to Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
During the first phase, 14743862 beneficiaries were provided with a new connection in Uttar Pradesh. The citizens who could not get the benefits in the first stage could apply in the second stage. The migrant workers can benefit from the scheme by submitting a self-declaration as address proof. In the first phase of this scheme in 2016 5 crore families were targeted. However, in 2018 7 more categories were added increasing the target to 8 crores. Till 30 July 2021, 79995022 beneficiaries have benefited through this scheme. About one crore beneficiaries will be benefited through Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 which was announced during the budget for the year 2021-22.
Brief Summary of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Launch Date||01 May 2016|
|Main objective||Provide LPG connections to women from BPL households|
|Other objectives||Reduce health hazards/diseases and air pollution caused by the use of unclean fossil fuels|
|Target||Distribution of LPG connections among 5 Crore BPL households by the year 2018-19|
|Time Frame||3 years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19|
|Total Budget||Rs. 8000 Crore|
|Financial Assistance||Rs. 1600/- per LPG connection.|
|Type Of Scheme||Central Govt. Scheme|
|Eligibility||All Ration Card Holder Families|
|Other benefits||EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill|
Extension of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana through the Budget of 2021-22
Under the extension of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, it was announced that an additional 1 crore beneficiaries will be added who can benefit from the ₹ 1600 financial assistance and other perks.
Ujjwala Yojana 8 Crore New Consumers
Close to 8 crore LPG connections have been provided under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in the last 4 years taking the LPG users in the country to 29 crores. To apply for it a filled up form is to be submitted to the nearest LPG centre specifying the requirement of 14.2 kg or a 5 kg cylinder. To get the benefits of the scheme it is important to provide all the necessary documents.
Objective of Ujjwala Yojana
The PMUY aims to provide cheap and clean LPG fuel to the masses to reduce their dependence on wood/coal based fuels which pollute the environment. It also improves the health of women and children affected by the burning of these fuels.
PM Ujjwala Yojana New Update
According to the latest news, the government is planning to increase the subsidy given to PMUY beneficiaries in the financial year 2023-24 in the upcoming budget. The subsidy is to be increased by ₹200 per cylinder for up to 12 cylindersThis programme extends the Central Government’s free gas cylinder distribution to low-income families until 30 September 2020. Only women who were BPL till 30 September in the nation will be eligible for free gas under this programme. Women who have not yet benefited from this programme may submit an application as soon as possible. Currently, 7.4 crore women in the nation who have purchased gas cylinders have received free cylinders as part of the Ujjwala programme. For those applying for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the deadline to receive a free LPG cylinder is 30 September.
PMUY Scheme 2022-23
After the win in 17th Lok Sabha elections honourable Prime Minister made major changes in the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. Under the new PMUY scheme all ration card holders BPL or APL can get benefits from it and avail the subsidy.
Amendment in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
There were major revisions made in the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme in 2018. At the start the scheme covered 5 crore BPL card holders. After the changes were made 8 crore families were covered under this scheme till 2019-20.
Beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- All those people who are listed under SECC 2011.
- People of all SC / ST families of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana.
- People coming below the poverty line.
- People are covered under Antyodaya Yojana.
- Forest dwellers.
- Most backward classes.
- People living on river islands
Main Facts of PM Ujjwala Yojana
- The eligible families will get ₹1600 under this scheme. The amount is transferred to the woman’s household account. EMI services are given to help with the purchase of gas stoves.
- From 1 April free gas cylinders have been given under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in its first instalment. Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, three free LPG cylinders of 14.2 kg will be given.
- Each beneficiary of the scheme gets one free cylinder per month. On receiving the first cylinder the amount of the second instalment will go in the consumer’s account. After that the third instalment will be given. There should be a gap of 15 days between two refills.
- This scheme was only for those below the poverty line. After the update, the government included around 8 crore families till 2019-20.
- The budget allocated to the scheme is ₹800 crores. BPL families have to apply for the scheme to get a free connection.
- The beneficiaries of the Ujjwala Yojana scheme got free LPG till June 2020 because of the lockdown.
- PMUY currently covers 715 districts of the country.
Benefits of Ujjwala Yojana PM 2022
- The women who are below the poverty line in the country benefit from the scheme.
- Free LPG connection will be given to the women of the country under this scheme.
- This benefit is available for BPL women above 18 years.
- This makes it easier for women to cook food.
- The main objective of Pradhan Mantri Yojana is to provide free connection to 8 crore households.
- The applicant should have a bank account.
PMUY State-wise Connection Distribution
|Name of the States||Total Connections Provided|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||13,103|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||14,438|
|Daman and Diu||427|
|Jammu and Kashmir||12,03,246|
Eligibility of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Applicants should be female.
- The age of the applicant should be less than 18 years.
- The applicant should be below the poverty line
- Applicants must have a bank account.
- Applicants should not already have a LPG connection.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2022 Document
- BPL certificate issued by Municipality President (Urban Area) / Panchayat Pradhan (Rural Area)
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card)
- BPL ration card
- Aadhaar number of all family members
- Passport size photograph
- Residence certificate
- Caste certificate
- Jan Dhan Bank Account Statement / Bank Passbook
- Declaration of 14 points in the prescribed format which is signed by the applicant.
How to Apply Offline in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2022
- To apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, interested women can apply from the website of the scheme.
- Information like Aadhaar card number, mobile number, name, address, etc. to be properly filled in the form.
- All the documents are to be attached to the form and submitted to the nearest gas agency.
- After verification of the application form and all the documents by the gas agency officer, the connection will be issued in 10-15 days
The process to Apply Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Go to the official website of Ujjwala Yojana
- On the home page, you have to click on the option of Apply For PMUY Connection.
- After this, a dialog box will open in front of you.
- From this dialog box you have to select any one of the options based on the provider.
- On the new page enter information like the distributor name, your name, your address, mobile number, pin code etc.
- Now you have to upload all the important documents.
- After this, you have to click on the option of Apply.
Process to Download All Important Forms
- Go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the option of Forms.
- Supplementary KYC document and undertaking
- Pre-installation check
- You have to click on the option of the form as per your requirement.
- The form will open in front of you in PDF format.
- After that, you have to click on the option of Download.
Procedure to Locate Nearest LPG Distributor
- Go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- After this, you have to click on one of the following options under Find Your Nearest LPG Distributor.
- Bharat Gas
- After this, you have to select your state and district.
- You have to click on the option of Locate.
- The relevant information will be on your computer screen.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- On the home page, you have to click on the option of Feedback .
- The feedback form will open in front of you.
- You have to enter all the important information asked in this form.
- After this, you have to click on the option of Submit.
Contact Formula for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Refill
Procedure to Register for Portability
- Firstly, you have to go to the OMC website.
- You have to register on the home page.
- After this, you have to log in.
- After logging in, the list of distributors will appear on your screen.
- This list will also contain information related to the refill delivery performance of the distributor.
- You have to select the distributor as per your requirement from this list.
- You will get an email which will contain the confirmation of your portability request.
- You do not need to pay any kind of fee or security deposit to get portability done.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Who can benefit from Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?|
|Any woman who is above 18 years of age and has a BPL or APL ration card can benefit from the scheme.|
|Is a bank account necessary for registering under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?|
|Yes, having a bank account is a necessity to get the financial benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.|
|How many families benefit from Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?|
|As of 2019-2020, an estimated 8 crore families benefit from the scheme.|
- New Ujjwala 2.0 Scheme Benefits
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Helpline Number
- Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana