There are so many reasons to link your Aadhaar card with your bank account in India. If you have linked your Aadhaar card with the bank account, it will help the government and the banks in managing their finances easily. This article will show you how to link your Aadhaar card with the bank account in India.
Overview of Link Aadhaar to Bank
Linking Aadhar to your Bank account has become a necessity and it’s no more a troublesome process! It can be done easily offline and online now. Online, it can be done either by net banking or through the specific bank’s application. But to link to the bank account, make sure you have a bank account.
Why Aadhar Card be Linked to a Bank Account?
There are several reasons why one must link Aadhaar to Bank account:
- To improve the livelihood of small-scale labourers in rural areas, the scheme MGNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) provides a welfare fund that will get directly credited to the person’s account.
- There would not be any fraudulent transactions if the Aadhar is linked to the bank account. That is, 99% of the fraudulent activities can be reduced.
- To enable bank accounts, Aadhar card details are considered as a legit KYC document (Know your customer)
- There is transparency and accountability for all transactions in this case.
- With the introduction of the online Aadhar-Enabled Payment System, residents can use their accounts from anywhere in the world.
- For the direct crediting of the government benefits for a better livelihood, like kerosene, LPG, rice and more, linking of PAN-Aadhar will help.
Documents Required to Link Aadhaar to Bank Account
- Aadhar Card: The essential document you must present is your Aadhar card. It contains your personal information, like name, address, and date of birth, and it serves as your identification.
- Bank Account Information: You must include information about the bank account that you wish to link to your Aadhar. This contains the IFSC code, account number, and name of the bank.
- Identification Proof: This is just to confirm the individual’s details.
- Address Proof: You will also need to present proof of your residence, like some kind of bill, a lease, or a voter ID card.
Link Aadhaar to Bank Account: Benefits
- Improved Financial Security: A bank account is a secure way to store your money, and having an Aadhaar card linked to it makes it even more secure. By linking Aadhaar to Bank account, you’ll be able to receive instant cash advances and limit your liability in case of any financial emergencies.
- Reduced Identity Theft Risk: If someone stole your bank account information, they would also have access to your Aadhaar card number. By linking your account with Aadhaar, you’re creating a harder target for identity thieves.
- Increased Efficiency: Having an Aadhaar card linked to your bank account makes transactions faster and easier – no more waiting for hours for your bank transfer to go through!
- Reduced Costs: Opening a bank account can be expensive, but by linking your Aadhaar card with it, you’ll be able to get free or discounted banking services from participating banks. This can save you a lot of money in the long run!
Linking Bank Accounts with Aadhaar through Internet Banking
- Step 1: Access your bank’s online banking account by going to www.onlinesbi.com, for example. It differs with whichever bank account you are registered into.
- Step 2: Insert your password and user ID.
- Step 3: Choose the Update Aadhaar with Bank Accounts (CIF) sub-part under the My Account section.
- Step 4: Enter your profile password to register for an Aadhaar card.
- Step 5: You’ll need to input your Aadhaar number twice on a page that will open.
- Step 6: Enter your Aadhaar number and then click the Submit button.
- Step 7: After your Aadhaar has been successfully seeded, a message will be displayed.
Link Aadhaar to Bank Account in the Bank
- Step 1: Complete the application for bank account-to-Aadhaar linkage. Find the Aadhaar-linking Form on the official website of your bank. Please stop by a local bank branch if the service is not offered online.
- Step 2: Correctly enter your Aadhar number and bank account information.
- Step 3: Enclose a photocopy of your Aadhar card that has been self-attested with the form.
- Step 4: Hand in the form and a copy of your Aadhaar card at the counter. You might be required to show your original Aadhar card for confirmation.
- Step 5: Your application will be approved, but it can take a few days before your bank account and Aadhaar are linked. When the two are connected, your registered cellphone number will receive a notification.
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar at an ATM
- Step 1: ATM Card needs to be swiped and the pin to be entered.
- Step 2: In the Services menu, Registrations need to be opted.
- Step 3: Choose the Aadhaar Registration option.
- Step 4: The account type whether savings/ current need to be chosen. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Step 5: Enter the Aadhaar number again and click the Okay button.
- Step 6: You will get a confirmation message regarding the successful linking of your Aadhaar with your bank account.
Link Bank Account With Aadhaar Using Mobile App
- Open the UIDAI mobile app and sign in.
- On the main screen, tap on ‘My Account’.
- Under ‘Profile’, tap on ‘Bank Accounts’.
- Enter your bank account number and PIN (if required).
- Tap on ‘Link Bank Account’.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Your bank account has now been linked with your Aadhaar card!
Link Aadhaar to Bank Account via Bank Branch
- First, visit the bank website and log in. https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper
- On the main page, click on ‘My Accounts’.
- On the My Accounts page, select ‘Link Bank Account’ from the list given.
- Enter your account number, name, and password. Then click on ‘Submit’.
- You will be redirected to a confirmation page. Click on ‘Yes’ to continue.
- Next, you will be asked to provide your Aadhaar card number and scan it using the barcode scanner on your computer or phone. If you don’t have an Aadhaar card, you can sign up for one online or by visiting any Indian Post Office branch with your original documents (birth certificate, passport size photo and proof of address). Once you have uploaded your scanned photograph and entered your Aadhaar number, you will be able to link your bank account with Aadhaar in just few minutes.
Link Aadhaar to Bank Account through SMS
- To begin with, type a message in the format, UID<space>Aadhaar number<space>Account number, and send it to 567676.
- After that, you will get a confirmation message regarding linking your Aadhar and Bank account.
- The details need to be verified with UIDAI by the bank
- You will receive a notification requesting that you visit the closest State Bank of India branch with your original Aadhar if your verification fails.
Link Aadhaar to Bank through Phone
- You have to give a missed call to the number provided by the bank if your bank allows the linking of your Aadhar through the phone.
- The bank will contact you back and allow you to choose from the Interactive Voice Recognition
- Enter and verify your 12-digit Aadhar number.
- When your Aadhaar is connected to your account, you will receive a text notification.
How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account?
Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account Online
- Step 1: Go to SBI’s main website.
- Step 2: Access your Internet banking account
- Step 3: From the list, select e-Services.
- Step 4: Select the Update Aadhaar with Bank Accounts (CIF) choice
- Step 5: After entering your profile password, select the Submit option.
- Step 6: At this time, select your CIF number from the drop-down menu.
- Step 7: Type your Aadhar number twice and click Submit.
- Step 8: Your Aadhaar ID and SBI bank account will be linked. You will receive a confirmation once it has been linked properly.
How to Link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Account Offline?
- Step 1: Go to your local SBI office.
- Step 2: All you have to carry is the original, self-attested copy of your Aadhar Card.
- Step 3: After finishing the Aadhaar linking form, hand the executive a self-attested copy of your Aadhar card.
- Step 4: The executive may then ask to see your original Aadhar card for verification.
- Step 5: The executive will record your request and issue you a receipt.
- Step 6: Aadhaar will be connected to your bank account.
How to Link Aadhaar with Kotak Mahindra Bank Account?
You can link your Aadhaar with Kotak Mahindra Bank Account Online through the mobile app and net banking or through the website:
Link Aadhaar with Kotak Bank On Mobile Banking App
- Install and open your Kotak – 811 & Mobile Banking App
- Select Service Requests
- Click on the Profile section.
- Select Update Aadhar Number
- Choose, Modify, or Enter Your Aadhaar Information
- On the screen, choose any of the following options.
Link Aadhaar with Kotak Bank Online Banking/Netbanking
- Online Banking/Net Banking
- To begin, click here or log into your Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking account.
- Choose Banking
- Profile/Update Contact Information should be clicked.
- Choose the Update your Aadhaar option.
- Type your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Choose Submit
Link Aadhaar with Kotak Bank Through the Bank Website
- To link your bank account with your Aadhaar, go to the website of the Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Use your registered cellphone number, birth date, or CRN to complete your authentication, then click Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP that was sent to your registered mobile phone.
- Enter the account number for your bank.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Hit the Submit button.
How to Link ICICI Bank with Aadhaar Through iMobile?
- With your 4-digit PIN or net banking credentials, log in to your iMobile app.
- Choose “Services”
- Choose “Instabanking Services” now.
- Click “Update Aadhaar” from the menu.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Send the request
- Your bank account is linked with your Aadhaar.
- Upon successful linking, you receive an SMS confirmation.
How to Link PNB Bank with Aadhaar through the Website?
- Go to the link. https://gateway.netpnb.com/Aadhaar/default.aspx
- Type the account number, then click “Continue.”
- Your registered cellphone number receives an OTP.
- Type the OTP and captcha code in the field provided, then click the “Validate” button.
- A page where you must input your Aadhaar number now appears.
- After inputting your Aadhaar number, click “Continue.”
- Your UIDAI-registered cellphone number receives an OTP once again.
- Enter this OTP and click “Validate” once more.
- If the linkage is completed, a confirmation will appear on the screen.
How to Link Aadhaar with HDFC Bank Account Online?
- Step 1: Visit netbanking.hdfcbank.com
- Step 2: Access your account online.
- Step 3: Choose the “Request” column under the accounts option.
- Step 4: After that, select “View/Update Aadhaar Number.”
- Step 5: Decide the account number you want to attach your Aadhaar number to.
- Step 6: Retype your Aadhaar number and select “Update.”
- Step 7: To finish the linking procedure, double-check all the information you supplied and click the “Confirm” button.
Linking Aadhaar with Central Bank of India Account Online
- Enter your username and password to access your Central Bank of India internet banking account at https://www.centralbank.net.in/jsp/startMain.jsp.
- Choose “Connect Your Aadhaar card” from the “Services” menu.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar twice now, then click “Submit.”
- Your request will be filed, and in a few days, your bank account and Aadhaar will be linked.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS to the registered mobile number you provided upon successful linking.
Linking Aadhaar with Bank of Baroda Account Online
- Visit the website. https://digixp.bankofbaroda.com/kycupdate/
- Enter your account number and mobile number.
- To send an OTP to your phone, click the “Generate OTP” button.
- Enter this OTP in the field given, then click “Submit.”
- Your request for Aadhaar seeding will be approved, and it will be connected to your account in a few days.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS on your registered mobile number upon successful seeding.
Link Aadhaar with Citibank Account Online
- Visit Citibank’s official website.
- A Username and password (IPIN/QPIN) are required for login.
- Choose the “Banking” or “Credit Card” tab on the new page.
- Choose “Update Aadhaar” from the menu.
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number and click “Continue.”
- The account holder’s registered mobile number will receive a One Time Password (OTP).
- Enter the OTP and then click “Continue.”
- Aadhar card in pdf format to be uploaded to the Citibank website.
- The account holders will receive a confirmation SMS from the bank on their registered mobile number after the authentication is finished.
Link Indian Bank Account with Aadhaar Online
- Visit the Indian Bank Aadhaar seeding page.
- Enter your account number, registered mobile number, and captcha code, and check the box.
- Hit “Submit”
- Your bank account information is now displayed with your Aadhaar information.
- An OTP will then be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click “Validate”
- You will be given a successful message status after authentication. You must get in touch with your home branch to manually link your bank account to your Aadhar card if you don’t obtain a successful message status.
How to Check Aadhaar Bank Link Status Online?
A Step-by-Step Guide Find out whether your bank account is linked with your Aadhaar using the online service provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Here’s how to check your bank account and Aadhaar linking status in just a few easy steps:
- Step 1: Visit the UIDAI website and Click on “Check Aadhaar/Bank Linking Status”
- Step 2: Enter Your UID/VID, Security Code, and Click “Send OTP”
- Step 3: Enter the OTP Sent to Your Registered Mobile Number and Click “Submit”
- Step 4: View Your Linked Bank Account Details on the Screen
- Step 5: If You Have Multiple Bank Accounts with the Same Bank, Visit the Bank to Confirm Your Linked Bank Account Number.
How to Check Aadhaar Bank Link Status Through Mobile?
You can also check the Aadhaar and bank account linking status through the USSD code from your mobile number. This facility can be availed only when your mobile number is registered with your Aadhaar card in UIDAI’s database. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Dial *99*99*1# with your mobile number registered with UIDAI
- Step 2: Now enter your 12 digits Aadhaar number
- Step 3: Re-enter the Aadhaar number and click on “Send” The status will be displayed if your bank account is linked to your Aadhaar. If no result is displayed, there may be a case that your bank account is not linked to your Aadhaar.
How to Check Aadhaar Bank Link Status Through mAadhaar?
- Log in to the mAadhaar app
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ and select ‘Aadhaar-Bank Acc Link Status’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and security captcha
- Click on ‘Request OTP’
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number
- Click ‘Verify’ to know your Aadhaar Bank account linking status
Link Aadhaar to Bank FAQs
Is Aadhar bank linking mandatory?
No! Linking Aadhar and bank account is not mandatory. You can always provide the Aadhar card as a document but it is not mandatory.
How to Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status?
You can use any of the following methods to determine whether your Aadhaar and bank account are linked: Using SMS, internet banking, ATMs, or the UIDAI website.
How much time it will take to link Aadhaar to bank account?
Though the time might vary with each bank, the verification process will take up to 48 hours.
What Happens if the Aadhaar Number Is Not Correct in the Bank Details?
If the Aadhaar number is not correct in the bank details, then the account will not be linked and the user will have to fill in the bank details again.