The Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) launched the e-Gram Swaraj Yojana to bring transparency to Panchayat works. The e-Gram Swaraj yojana was launched both as a website and an application. This article will bring out some crucial details about the application.
What Is E gram Swaraj?
The launch of the E-Gram Swaraj Portal and Application is a crucial step taken by the Government of India to make Gram Panchayats digital. The e gram swaraj app portal is a single interface that will list down all the details of panchayats.
The portal will deliver details of work records, from planning to the implementation of every work in every village panchayat under the Gram Panchayati Development Plan (GPDP). The portal and the application are developed as a part of Panchayat Enterprise Suite (PES) under the E-panchayat Mission Mode project of the MoPR.
The e-Gram Swaraj Yojana will drive the common people to be a part of the development of rural India, by enabling them to look into the actions taken by the panchayats for the development of villages.
What Are the Benefits of the E-gram Swaraj Application?
The e gram swaraj app has the following significant benefits:
- The initiative will bring accountability into play, thus, speeding up the implementation of various projects in rural areas.
- Anyone will be able to fetch details about the developmental project, along with the funds disbursed for the project, and the amount spent on it.
- Details about the Panchayat Sachiv and Panch will also be displayed on the e gram swaraj app and portal.
- Details of all the works of the MoPR can be accessed through the portal and the application.
- All the updates regarding the progress of the works done by Panchayat can also be assessed.
- This initiative will enhance transparency in the decentralised planning of development projects.
- The Panchayats have to make online payments on the portal, thus increasing accountability.
What Is the E-gram Swaraj Application?
The e gram swaraj app is a user-friendly simple application which is based on open-source technologies. The e-Gram Swaraj application is available both on Android as well as iOS. The application was developed and launched by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj’s IT Department.
With more and more cellular connectivity reaching the rural areas, the Government has made efforts to involve the rural people in the activities of rural development.
The main objective of the e-Gramraj scheme is to enhance the reporting of decentralised activities and work-based accounting across panchayats. The e-Gram Swaraj mobile application is a natural extension to the e-Gram Swaraj Yojana’s web portal.
How to Download the E-gram Swaraj Application?
e-Gram Swaraj can be used by any individual. To download the e gram swaraj app, you will have to visit the play store on your android mobile, or the App store on your iPhone and search for the e-Gram Swaraj application, and then download and install it. You can also find the link to the application on the official website of e-Gram Swaraj. You can create an account on the e-Gram Swaraj Portal to use all the features of the application.
What Are the Various Aspects of E-gram Swaraj?
There are six different aspects you can find in the e gram swaraj app. The aspects are:
- Geo-tagging of assets
- Profiling of Gram Panchayats (GPs)
- Program Reporting
- Creation of Action Plan
- The output of the activity
- Finance and Accounting
What Are All the Features of the E-gram Swaraj Application?
Some important features of the e gram swaraj app are as follows:
- The application is user-friendly, therefore anyone can use it
- It helps in the active planning of the projects, such as resource envelope, action plan and convergence
- It provides the asset availability on Gram Manchitra GIS
- The application can be used to store all the assets
- The application intends to maintain the profiles of all the panchayats including details of election, committee and elected representatives
- The mechanism of the application is strong and is based on open-source technology
- The application will be helpful for people to monitor the flow of funds and work-based accounting
- As the application is a web-based platform, it can be assessed by anyone 24×7
- The application will display complete physical and financial reports.
- All the panchayat reports can be easily assessed through the application.
What Are the Documents Supported by the Application?
The e-gram Swaraj mobile application supports the following kinds of documents:
- Twenty common transactions scenarios
- Simplified accounting formats of CAG
- A comprehensive code list for functional programs and activities performed by the PRIs
- Receipt Voucher
- Payment Voucher
- Contra Voucher
- Journal Voucher
- Recording of Deduction Cut and Deduction Payment Using Payment Voucher
- Refunding amount to the state through Receipt Cancellation
- Upload Scanned voucher copies
- Diversion of funds
- A simple quick start guide for online payments
The e-Gram Swaraj mobile application and portal are easily accessible and can be used effortlessly by any individual. This initiative marks the complete digitisation of rural India. The kind of transparency, and accountability that will be achieved with e-Gram Swaraj will add to the ongoing rural development drive in India.
- Create a Account in E-Gram Swaraj Yojana
- Benefits of E-Gram Swaraj Yojana
- Online Payment E-Gram Swaraj