The E-gram Swaraj Yojana was launched to strengthen the e-governance in village panchayats. This article brings to you all details, benefits and the utilisation of the e-gram swaraj app or website.
With the digitisation spree at its peak in India, the Government of India launched the e-gram swaraj portal to include the governance of village panchayats into the digital fold. Firstly, let us see what the e-gram swaraj yojana is all about.
What Is E-gram Swaraj Yojana?
E-gram swaraj is a simplified work-based accounting application for Panchayati raj. It is a web-based online platform established by the Indian government to ensure transparency in decentralised planning, work-based accounting, and progress reporting in Panchayati raj institutions.
All the details of work plans and implementation in every village panchayat under the Gram Panchayati Development Plan (GPDP) will be available to the public on this platform.
The portal was launched as a part of the Ministry of Panchayati raj (MoPR)’s E-Panchayat Mission Mode Project. Therefore the development of the e-gram swaraj portal was done by integrating the functionalities of existing applications under the E-Panchayat Mission Mode Project. The e-gram swaraj portal is available both as a website and an app, and also it is available in the Hindi language.
Some Important Benefits of the E-gram Swaraj Portal?
The e-Gram Swaraj portal/app has many benefits, such as:
- The e-gram swaraj portal and application will help in simplifying the task of maintenance of records.
- There would be a speedy implementation of projects across villages when the work is being monitored and recorded via the Gram Swaraj Portal or app.
- The Portal will also display all the details of the ongoing development work, and the funds allocated for different projects of each panchayat. These details about the groundwork can be accessed by anyone on the e-gram swaraj application, as well as the website.
- The Gram Swaraj portal will also display all the details related to the Panchayat Sachiv and Panch.
- All the worlds of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj can also be accessed through the Gram Swaraj Portal.
- Increased accountability and transparency will grow as a result of the display of the planning of development projects, with progress report updates on the e-gram swaraj portal/app.
- Development plans of the Panchayats, all the information about the Panchayats, and its activities can be accessed by the users through the portal and the website.
How to Use the E-gram Swaraj Portal?
- Step 1: Open your browser and visit the e-gram swaraj portal
- Step 2: Click on the ‘login’ option available at the top right side of the e-gram swaraj portal’s home page.
- Step 3: Then you have to enter your username and password, submit the captcha, and click on the login button.
Note that there are different modes of login in the e-gram swaraj portal: Admin login, maker login, and checker log in.
How Can You View the Local Government Profile on the Portal?
To view the local government profile on the e-gram swaraj portal, you have to follow the followings steps:
- Visit the e-gram swaraj portal and click on the Panchayat Profil link.
- Click on the link ‘Committee & Committee Member Details’to fetch the relevant details.
- To get the details of the local government profile, you have to click on the link “Local Government Profile”
- On the next page that appears, select the state and the panchayat level. Fill up the captcha code for verification, and click on ‘Get Data”.
- All the relevant information will appear on your screen.
How You Can Access the Beneficiary Report From the E-gram Swaraj Portal?
You can fetch beneficiary reports for various schemes from the e-gram swaraj portal. To do so,
- You have to first visit the e-gram swaraj portal, and click on the ‘beneficiary report”
- Then select from the options: Panchayat-wise and Land region-wise, as per your need.
- Select the scheme name, plan year, name of the state, name of the Panchayat, block panchayat, and equivalent, from the drop-down.
- Enter the captcha code, and submit it. Then click on ‘Get Report’.
- A page with all the relevant details will appear on your screen.
Important Updates of E-gram Swaraj Portal
- The Gram Swaraj Portal was launched to boost e-governance in the Panchayati raj institutions across the nation. With that drive, about 2.54lakh GPDPs were uploaded on the portal for the financial year 2021-22.
- The eGS-PFMS known as eGSPI interface allows making online payments to vendors or service providers.
- ‘Audit Online’ is an online application introduced by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj that facilitates the auditing and maintenance of audit records of Panchayat accounts. This will make sure that the audits of panchayat accounts are made on time.
An account on the Gram Swaraj Portal or application can be created by anyone. This allows anyone to access knowledge, and information about the development work of villages. The e-gram swaraj portal is an important step towards the transparency and accountability of the Panchayati Raj institutions in India. A robust e-governance system can be achieved throughout India through the e-gram swaraj portal
- Create a Account in E-Gram Swaraj Yojana
- Download the e-Gram Swaraj App
- Online Payment E-Gram Swaraj