According to the Foreign Trade Policy, a RCMC is required for exporters in order to avail benefits under the policy. It is a certificate issued by the FIEO and other export promotion councils which work for development of export business under the Government of India.
The RCMC is a membership certificate that is valid for 5 years and maybe renewed if the exporter is a member of FIEO or other Export Promotion Councils (EPCs). This blog discusses about Why RCMC Certificate Is Required in detail.
The Companies Act/Societies Registration Act classifies EPCs as non-profit organisations.
They provide advice and execution services to the export business, as well as encouraging it to fulfill international trade standards. Each product category has its own Export Promotion Council, and exporters should join any export promotion council that corresponds to their product line. When applying for an RCMC, the applicant must indicate his or her major line of business, and having one entitles an exporter to all of the privileges and advantages of the parent firm.
What Is the Purpose of RCMC?
If you are an exporter, you must apply for an RCMC certificate
- Seeking permission to export (or import) any prohibited goods
- Preparing to claim different advantages under the foreign trade policy
- Availing customs and central excise benefits.
It’s worth noting that an RCMC is required even if you’re planning to export two or more items that fall into separate categories and, as a result, have different EPCs. Exporting goods and products throughout the world is a difficult process, and the government of India offers many incentive programs to help exporters tackle profitability, cash-flow, and production-level challenges.
How to Apply for an RCMC?
- You must submit the duly file application form ANF 2C to the EPC, available at the official website of the Directorate of foreign trade that applies to your export goods in order to apply for an RCMC certificate download
- Exporters are divided into two groups: merchants and manufacturers
- You must submit documentation of your current manufacturing facility in order to register as a manufacturing exporter
- You must address your application to the appropriate EPC and provide your company’s name, registration address, branch, and manufacturing addresses (if applicable)
- You must provide your IEC code and its data, as well as information about your production unit, such as an industrial license, factory registration, and so on
- You’ll also need your export status holder certificate number and your export house/ trading house/ star trading house/ superstar trading house certificate number
- You must specify the product(s) for which registration is requested, as well as your primary business line.
To find out which EPC/ Commodity Board/ Authority your product belongs to, consult the directorate of foreign trade revised Annexure 2T, which includes a list of EPCs/ boards/ authorities, their contact information, and a list of items that come under their jurisdiction.
There are now 37 export promotion councils. However, it’s conceivable that the product you want to export doesn’t already have an EPC assigned to it. In this scenario, you must apply to FIEO directly. If you have many goods or are unsure about your line of business, FIEO can issue the RCMC under its multi-product group category.
Documents Required for RCMC
- IEC number issued against the applying export entity.
- PAN card
- Articles and memorandum of association (for corporate/ institutional/ private limited/ limited company), partnership deed (in case of partnership firms and LLPs), or trust deed (in case of trusts)
- In the case of a company, the certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies regarding registered office change is needed
- GST registration certificate
- Proof of payment of membership fee to the Services Export Promotion Council also has to be provided
- In the case of a service exporter already in business, three years’ services export data certified by the exporter’s chartered accountant has to be provided.
- In case the name of the signing authority does not appear in the IEC/ MOA/ partnership deed/ trust deed, etc., a self-certified copy of the board resolution or power of attorney issued in favor of the signing authority has to be provided.
Advantages of Obtaining RCMC from EPCs
- Members receive a registration and membership certificate after completing the registration process (RCMC)
- RCMC assists in obtaining advantages under international trade policies such as the MEIS scheme, SEIS scheme, and others
- Stay informed about current changes in international trade policies through educational seminars and activities hosted by EPCs.
- Everything about APEDA (RCMC) Registration in India
- RCMC for Tea Export
- Is a Registered Office Address a Residential Address