Know in and out about the Indra Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme right away! As you will find everything here.
IGNOAPS Latest Update
- The minimum age to be a part of IGNOAPS is 60. For those 60 to 79 years old, the pension is ₹200 per month.
Overview of IGNOAPS
National Old Age Pension Scheme (NOAPS), was the scheme’s previous name and was later changed to IGNOAPS. It was formally introduced in November 2007. IGNOAPS is one of the 5 prorammes of the National Social Assistance Plan (NSAP) that the Ministry of Rural Development of India introduced (MORD). 73% of all beneficiaries identified under the NSAP are participants in this programme.
IGNOAPS aspires to raise the minimum national standards and provide social benefits to low-income households with elderly people. More than 2 crore Indian residents are currently registered and receiving IGNOAPS benefits. The beneficiaries are chosen from the BPL list created by the States/UTs in accordance with the MORD’s criteria. There are terms under NSAP and with regard to which the financing for the States/UTs offer a pension.
NPS scheme was launched to benefit the public to save money after their retirement. With the help of NPS calculator, you can now figure out how much money you can save after your retirement.
Program for National Social Assistance (NSAP)
The National Social Assistance Program (NSAP) offers social assistance benefits to underprivileged households in India, including those with elderly, widowed, or disabled members. The primary goal of NSAP is to provide social safety to its Indian beneficiaries.
Old-Age Pension Plan of Indira Gandhi (IGNOAPS)
The Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS) was launched by the Indian Ministry of Rural Development under the National Social Assistance Program (NSAP) in 2007. IGNOAPS is another name for the National Old Age Pension System (NOAPS). The goal of the old age pension programme is to offer social support to the qualified recipients. The Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme is examined in-depth in this article.
What are the Main Features of the IGNOAPS Under NSAP?
First, the Gram Panchayat or similar locally responsible bodies must identify the beneficiaries.
The benefits of IGNOAPS may be given out at open gatherings like Gram Sabha meetings in rural regions and neighbourhood committee meetings in urban areas. This is in addition to the traditional ways of benefit disbursement through accounts and money orders.
The States and UTs have the right to implement IGNOAPS by appointing a Nodal secretary at the State level. By cooperating with the relevant departments, it primarily serves to report on the scheme’s development. Every three months, the development is updated.
Eligibility Criteria of IGNOAPS
- To see the eligibility, it is a must that whether it is a man or woman, they should be over 60 years of age.
- According to the Government, there is a criteria to fall below the poverty line and this should be satisfied to apply for IGNOAPS.
- To qualify for an old age pension, an applicant must be poor and have no regular source of financial support from family members or any other sources.
- Widowed BPL individuals and BPL individuals in the age range of 60 to 79 years who have severe and multiple disabilities are ineligible for this programme.
What are the Benefits of IGNOAPS?
- Elderly citizens above 60 years of age who are also under the poverty line can receive a pension amount.
- If there are more members the age above 60, all of them get to enjoy the benefits under IGNOAPS
- For each beneficiary under the age of 79, the central pension contribution is ₹200 per month, while for beneficiaries over the age of 80, it is ₹500 per month.
- Depending on state contributions, old age benefits currently range from ₹ 200 to ₹1000. In Jammu and Kashmir, for instance, recipients receive ₹400 per month
IGNOAPS Benefits for Senior Citizens
- For Indian citizens over 60 who are at or below the poverty line, the IGNOAPS offers a monthly pension.
- Those who receive the pension before turning 80 pay ₹200 per month into the fund; those who receive the pension after turning 80 pay ₹500 per month.
- The amount above may include funding from individual states. Depending on the state’s contribution, the current pension for the elderly ranges from ₹200 to ₹1000 per month. For instance, in Jammu and Kashmir, recipients can count on a monthly allotment of ₹400.
- All members of a low-income family (BPL) aged 60 or older are eligible for the pension, not simply the head of the family.
- Benefit recipients are not required to make any payments into the program because it is a non-contributory method.
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Amount
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Amount for senior citizen is as below:
|S.No||Age of BPL Citizen||IGNOA Pension Amount|
|1||60 years to 79 years||Rs.200 per month|
|2||80 years and above||Rs.500 per month|
- Applicants must demonstrate that they are economically disadvantaged by criteria set by the Government of India.
- The candidate must get minimal if any, consistent financial support from friends and family.
- To apply, you need to be at least 60 years old.
Documents Needed for IGNOAPS
- IGNOAP application form
- Age certification is required, and it must be obtained from the relevant medical officer and certified by the relevant Block medical officer.
- Income certificate
- A Below Poverty Line (BPL) card in the applicant’s name must be presented.
- Passbook from a bank or the post office
- Passport-sized photographs
How to Apply for IGNOAPS?
There are different websites for different states/ union territories. Social Welfare Departments in the States take care of the process in each state. The Rural Development Department carries out IGNOAPS in the States of Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Meghalaya, Goa, and West Bengal. The IGNOAPS is implemented in Puducherry and Orissa by the Department of Women & Child Development. If you live in a rural area, go to the Social Welfare Department, or if you live in an urban area, go to the District Social Welfare Officer, to apply easily.
- Step 1: Ask the relevant social department for an application form. It is offered without charge by the Block Development Officer’s office or the relevant Executive Officer.
- Step 2: Complete the information
- Step 3: Provide the application form and supporting paperwork to the appropriate official.
- Step 4: The application will be reviewed by the authorities.
- The income and destitute criterion will be based on the certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer and the affected area’s Tax Authorities.
- Step 5: The Tehsil Social Welfare Officer reviews the application after it has been submitted. The relevant District Social Welfare Officer receives it after that. If authorised, the Social Welfare Department will arrange money.
- Step 6: Final permission will be granted by the District Level Sanctioning Committee (DLSC).
Track Your Application Online
- Step 1: Access the NSAP website
- Step 2: On the following page, click More Reports.
- Step 3: Choose the Application Tracker option on the following page.
- Step 4: Type in your application number and press search.
Check the IGNOAPS Beneficiary List
You can check the Old Age Pension Scheme Beneficiaries List through these steps:
- Step 1: To begin with go to the NSAP website.
- Step 2: From the available menu, choose Beneficiary Search.
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, choose your state, district, municipality, gramme panchayat, or ward.
The Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Plan list will be shown on the screen.
How to Know the Details of Old Age Pension Payment?
You can know Old Age Pension Payment Details Online through these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the NSAP homepage
- Step 2: Choose the Pension Payment Information
- Step 3: Choose the appropriate field from the list of alternatives, which includes sanction order number, application number, and mobile number.
- Step 4: Insert relevant information.
- Step 5: If you are selecting the name option, then choose the specific state or district. After all the information, the details will appear on the screen.
Mode of Payment of Pension Amount
- Bank transfer
- Postal account deposit
- Money order
It will differ from state to state.
In 2007, the government of India initiated the IGNOAPS to help low-income seniors. The IGNOAPS aid is crucial to the survival of low-income families, especially those in rural areas. Easy enrolment and access to benefits. It may be seen in how many people sign up for the program and how much money the government spends on it.
The sooner you know about Indra Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme, the better it is, as it is very beneficial. To know more about the scheme, reach out to the experts at Vakilsearch about it right away.
FAQs on IGNOAPS
How is IGNOAPS different from the earlier National Old Age Pension Scheme (NOAPS)?
Old-age pensions were provided under NOAPS to those who were at least 65 years old and in need. The age requirement for participation in IGNOAPS has been modified and is now 60 years of age or older. The benefits are no longer limited to the poor but to everyone belonging to the BPL section. More people will get financial assistance here.
In what circumstances can a pension be stopped?
If the beneficiary dies or if the amount is not withdrawn for some time, then the pension will be stopped. Note that the nominee will never get the money of pension if the beneficiary dies.
Is there any set date/time limit within which the application for IGNOAPS has to be made?
When a person turns 60, they can apply for a pension. There is no set date or time as such for applying.
Where can you turn when you have a complaint about the IGNOAPS?
There is a nodal secretary that is appointed by the State who can be contacted for complaints.