The Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC), founded in 1978 under the Ministry of Textiles, is a statutory entity that serves both Indian apparel exporters and international customers that source their garments from India.
AEPC Registration and Subsidy Schemes for Apparel Exporter : Introduction
AEPC Registration – Membership to the AEPC can be obtained by individuals engaged in the manufacture or trading of the specified garment by submitting an application form and the relevant papers to AEPC headquarters. The fundamental qualification for membership is to be a manufacturer exporter or merchant exporter. In order to register as an individual or single proprietorship, the applicant must be over the age of 21. The applicant or any partner must not have been declared insolvent by a court of law or convicted of an offense involving misbehaviour or moral turpitude. It is also essential that the firm’s total export turnover has exceeded Rs.1 crore in the previous three years.
AEPC Registration and Subsidy Schemes for Apparel Exporter: Subsidy Schemes for Apparel Exporter
Under the aegis of the AEPC, exporters can take advantage of a variety of initiatives and assistance. Let’s have a look at a few of them:
- Exporters Availed Market Access Initiative Scheme, Technology Upgradation Funds Scheme, Market Development Assistance Scheme, Focus Market Scheme, Textile Centre Infrastructure Development Scheme, Apparel Park, Scheme for Integrated Textiles Parks, and Special Economic Zones are among the market development schemes offered by AEPC.
- The Interest Equalisation Scheme, often known as interest subvention, is a tax break offered on pre and post shipment export credit, such as packaging credit.
- The Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme was established to facilitate the introduction of new and relevant technology.
- The State Levies Rebate Scheme helps the textile industry by providing zero-rated export taxes and increasing overall competitiveness in the worldwide market.
Cost Involved in AEPC Registration
- Admission costs for a new registration are ₹1000 + ₹180 (18% GST) = ₹1180
- pPus an annual fee of ₹8000 + ₹1440 (18% GST) = ₹9440
- Total costs therefore come up to ₹10620.
Documents Required for AEPC Registration
- Duly filled application form which can be downloaded from this site
- A self-certified copy of the IEC certificate
- An undertaking on non-judicial stamp paper duly notarized
- A self-attested copy of memorandum & articles of association /partnership deed/certificate from the registrar of firm etc. as the case may be
- In the case of a manufacturer exporter, a self-attested copy of SSI
- Certificate/letter of intent/industrial license /acknowledgement issued by the concerned authority which has been duly self-attested
- Exporter’s turnover during the previous three financial years that has been duly certified by a chartered accountant/banker.
- Original registration cum membership certificate of registered Exporter.
The application for conversion from registered exporter to member exporter alongside the above documents could also be submitted either at the registered office or head office of the council.
AEPC Registration Assistance
Becoming a member of the distinguished AEPC is extremely beneficial. Any firm, society, and/or statutory organisation that is an exporter of garments, whether he is a manufacturer exporter or a merchant exporter, and is interested in the Council’s aims and objectives must strive to register.