Benefits of starting an ecommerce business
- Fast go-to-market time
- Considerably low or economical cost
- Online shopping and marketing is available
- Access to insights on customer data
- Reach fresh customers
- Content marketing strategy and approach made easy
- Serve niche markets also
- Reach customers/client where they want to buy the products
Business Ideas for the E-commerce Industry
Here are 8 e-commerce business ideas that will help you create an efficient and profitable eCommerce business plan;
- Beauty and Health Products: Ecommerce startup ideas related to beauty and healthcare products help in establishing businesses that are extremely profitable. This is because the health and beauty industry is one of the biggest in the world. Many entrepreneurs are creating an online store to promote their customer products, using online tools such as WIX, Squarespace and other mediums, to market their products and reach a wider audience. Using these tools entrepreneurs will be able to communicate information about their products, and market them to the right target market.
- Smart Wear: In this digital age most e-commerce startup ideas are centred around smart wear accessories, such as smartphones, Fitbit, etc. The advantage of smart wear is that it can be used by people to plan out and organize their entire day ad by extension, their life. It also allows us to connect with other digital devices, to store and transmit day. This kind of flexibility allows for cross-functional usage. Due to their popularity, their total yearly sales in 2019 crossed over 50 billion USD. Hence, creating an online store for Smart Wears, makes it one of the top eCommerce business ideas to implement.
- Second-Hand Sales: When figuring out your eCommerce business plan, considering selling second hand or used products is one of the lucrative e-commerce startup ideas out there. People don’t mind using second-hand products, as long as they are in usable condition. Some of the common products sold on second-hand are clothes, jewellery, furniture, electronic products, etc. Websites such as OLX, Quikr, PepperFry, FabIndia, are quite popular in the sales of second-hand products.
- Smart Home Products: People love staying connected, which is why the IoT market has grown so much in the last decade. With the advent of Smart Home Products, people can now control the appliances and their basic functions with the sound of their voice or a touch of a button. From turning on the lights when you get home, playing music or the television, or turning off appliances when you leave home. You can even program smart home products to function on their own, as per your preferences. Thus, selling smart home products provides excellent e-commerce business ideas.
- Online Platforms For Education: To learn, to grow, to improve, one has to take a chance on himself or herself. Online classes that focus on different subjects and disciplines, allow people to expand their skill set and enhance their expertise. There are several online courses now available in the market, provided by different eCommerce vendors - Udemy, Skillshare, LinkedIn, Masterclass, etc. Even with several platforms available there is a huge demand for various education courses that focus on different vocation skills. Hence, eCommerce business ideas that focus on online education platforms are quite popular and should be definitely considered when creating an e-commerce business plan.
- Content Writing Services: If you have a skill for content writing, then creating an online store for content writing services, such as ghostwriting, article writing, blogging, etc, is an ideal business to be included in your eCommerce business plan. You can provide different pricing options based on the services you provide, along with different payment plans. This will allow you to be more affordable and preferable than your competitors.
- Ebook Sellers: Selling Ebooks has emerged as one of the best eCommerce business ideas in 2019, due to the increase in the number of ebook writers. With Amazon taking the lead in creating a platform for independent writers to self-publish and sell their books. In the last few years, a few more entrepreneurs have created online stores for several others to publish their ebooks.
- Online Retailers: Online retailers are commonly known as e-commerce vendors. Hence e-commerce business ideas based on these vendors are already quite popular and in existence. These retail store examples are based on creating an internet shopping experience, through the vendor website. Some of the popular e-commerce vendors in India are Myntra, Jabong, Flipkart, JustDial, etc. Products under different brands are available online for customers to view, select and place an order, without the expenses involved in running a physical business. The orders are then shipped to customers to, as per the addresses provided by them, at their workplace or home.
Start Your e-Commerce Business
Creating An Online Store
Creating an online store has become easier with each passing year. Nowadays, you can do it with a few clicks. All that is required is an online website builder, a domain, and a host to support your website. With online tools like Wix, Squarespace, and Wordpress, it has become easy to create an online store. You don’t require coding or design experience, as you can set up your website using the tools and options available with the online website builder. They are not that expensive and you can have your online store up and running in a matter of minutes. As discussed above, there are plenty of eCommerce business ideas ( health products, smart wear, education courses, etc) that can help you create your online store.
You can sell your products or any services like writing, hair cut, Hindi tuition, etc online. When displayed online you have a variety of customers and high possibilities of your revenue increasing drastically.
There are two methods by which you can travel online - Trial & error method and the training or experience method. Begin from the first step and get several experiences.
We execute legal work for over 1000 companies and LLPs every month, by leveraging our tech capabilities, and the expertise of our team of legal professionals. Come on board and experience the ease and convenience!
By handling all the paperwork, we ensure a seamless interactive process with the government. We provide clarity on the incorporation process to set realistic expectations.
With a team of over 300 experienced business advisors and legal professionals, you are just a phone call away from the best in legal services.