GST registration has never been easier! Feel free to contact the experts at Vakilsearch to start your tax compliant business journey today!
To obtain GST registration, the taxpaying entities must electronically file an application in Form GST REG-01 with the required data and documents at the GST portal site.
GST REG-01 Process
- Navigate to https://www.gst.gov.in/. Then, on the right-hand side, click the ‘Login’ option
- Step 2 – Fill in the right login credentials, which are your username and password, then solve the captcha and click ‘Login’
- Part-A of Form GST REG-01 may be found under Services > Registration > New Registration
- Next from the drop-down list select the following details
- a) Category of the applicant
- b) State/ UT
- c) District
- Then you must fill-up all the following details carefully-
- a) Legal name of the business
- b) Permanent Account Number (PAN Card) for the purpose of auto verification
- c) E-mail address
- d) Mobile number
- For mobile number and email verification, you will now get an OTP on your mobile number and email address. Enter the OTP that was sent to your phone number and email address. Once the aforesaid procedure has been finished, the Part-A of form GST REG 01 will be regarded as complete, and a temporary reference number will be displayed on the screen, as well as sent to the user/mobile taxpayer’s phone and email inbox. Thus, making the New GST Registration Online process simpler.
- After filing Part-A, the applicant must connect to the portal using the Reference Number they were given
- Now the applicant must submit each of the following details one by one:
Before registering for GST, use our GST calculator to calculate the precise amount of GST that must be paid.
- a) Information about the company
- b) Promoters/partners Details
- c) Details on the authorized signatory (if any)
- d) Authorized representative’s information (if any)
- e) Information about the main location of business
- f) Additional information about the main place of business (if any)
- g) Goods and/or services provided
- h) State-specific details.
- You must then complete Aadhaar verification
- Select the verification check-box once you’ve entered all of your information correctly. The applicant can then use a Digital Signature Certificate, E-Signature, or EVC to submit Form GST REG-01
The submission of Form GST REG-01 will be considered complete whenever the applicant has completed all of the preceding processes or procedures. Where this application for registration has been approved, a certificate of registration in FORM GST REG-06 showing the principal place of business and additional place(s) of business shall be made available to the applicant on the GST portal, and a Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (also referred to as ‘GSTIN’) shall be assigned in the following format:
- two characters for the State code;
- ten characters for the PAN or the Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number;
- two characters for the entity code; and
- one checksum character.
The competent officer under the CGST Act digitally signs every certificate of registration granted, which will be made available on the GST portal.
|The registration becomes effective thirty days after the individual becomes subject to registration if the application for registration is received within thirty days of that date.|
- How Much Is the Cost for GST Registration?
- How to search GST Number by PAN?
- Why do the goods and services tax has major components?
- How to register for E-Invoice in gst.gov.in?
- How Many Types of GST Registration Are There?
- GST Registration Process for Individuals