The official website for GST filing and other tax compliances is GST Portal. It enables taxpayers to complete their tax returns online. Read this article to know more.
The Indian government has launched the GST portal for India’s Goods and Service Tax (GST) and other tax requirements. It enables taxpayers to complete their tax returns online as well.
The platform can handle all aspects of the Goods and Services Tax. It saves time and provides technical support, eliminating the need for the taxpayer to visit the tax office. The GST portal is simple to use. It enables taxpayers to file their GST returns without the assistance of a professional.
What Is the GST Portal?
GST Portal is the official website of the Indian government, which can be found at https://www.gst.gov.in/. After registering and completing the login process, you can see the respective GST details. Users can utilise this portal to register their taxes, file returns, make payments, and apply for a refund.
The user can also cancel their registration and have access to different GST-related analyses. Using this platform, taxpayers can get answers to their questions related to the GST. They also receive significant government announcements. This portal enables users to respond to such hints. This platform encourages taxpayers to file their taxes. If the users require any kind of professional assistance, the legal experts at Vakilsearch are always there!
How Do I Sign Up for the Gst Portal?
Follow the steps below to sign up for the GST portal:
- Go to the GST official website and select ‘GST Practitioners.’ Then click the ‘Register Now’ button
- Click on ‘New Registration.’ Fill in the blanks and submit the required papers
- After entering all of your information, you will be given a One-Time Password (OTP)
- Enter the OTP, enter the characters shown in the image into the box, and press the Proceed button
- Following the submission of application forms, you will be assigned an acknowledgement number. When you obtain a GST number, User ID, and password, the application process of GST Login is complete. You can use this information to access the GST gov. portal
- You can register yourself if you are a taxpayer.
How to Login to the GST Portal?
The GST Search primarily serves two sorts of users:
- Existing users
- New users
Here’s a step-by-step instruction for the new GST portal from Master India GST login:
Follow the steps below if you are a current user
- Go to Government site and click on the Login icon in the upper right corner of the homepage, then enter your GST portal login password.
- Enter your GST login username, password, and generated captcha code, and then click ‘Log in.’
- After a successful login, you will be taken to your GST portal dashboard. You can check the ledger balances of your GST input tax credits and your tax liability in their respective heads: Electronic Liability Register, Electronic Cash Ledger, and Electronic Credit Ledger. There are also two tabs available on the screen: File Request and Pay Tax. The dashboard also displays the Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO) and notices or orders obtained from the GST administration.
Follow the steps below if you are a new user
- Navigate to the GST portal and then click on the ‘login’ symbol in the upper right corner of the home page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page on the right and then click on ‘First time login: If you are logging in for the first time.
- Enter the provisional ID / GSTIN / Unique Identification Number (UIN) and password that were mailed to you. Also, enter the generated captcha and click the login tab.
- You’ll be taken to the new credentials page. Then If available, enter your preferred username and password. Re-confirm the password and then click the Submit button.
- The username and password would be generated if the creation of the username and password was successful. You can now successfully access the GST Portal with the credentials you created.
- When you initially log in to the GST Portal, you will be asked to make an amendment application to submit your bank account details. Then, select the ‘File Amendment’ tab.
- The application form would be presented on the screen for amending. The non-essential elements would be editable in the form. By clicking the ‘Add New’, option button, you can edit the details in the bank accounts column before ‘Submitting’ the application.
- The process of GST Registry is already made simple on our portal.
Before registering, you can calculate how much GST you owe using our GST calculator.
Who Should Sign Up for the Gst Portal?
According to the GST Act, the following individuals are essentially obliged to register on the GST Login Portal
- Individuals who were formerly registered under several taxes regimes systems such as VAT, Excise Duty, Service Tax, and so on before implementing GST
- Registration is required for any e-Commerce aggregators
- Businesses in India with an annual turnover of more than ₹40 lakhs in the event of sole supply of goods and ₹20 lakhs in the case of both goods and services
- Companies with annual revenue of more than ₹10 lakhs in North-Eastern India, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura
- Companies with annual revenue of more than ₹20 lakhs in North-Eastern India, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Uttarakhand, Puducherry, and Telangana
- Input service distributors (ISD) and supplier agents
- Taxable Non-Residents and Casual Taxpayers
- Individuals who are compelled to pay tax via the reverse charge mechanism (RCM).
List of GST Portal Services
The following services are included in the GST portal:
- Application for Registration as a Normal Taxpayer, a Casual Dealer, and an Input Service Distributor
- Application for Appointment of GST Practitioner or as GST Practitioner
- Further, the application for Opting for Composition Scheme
- Application for Stock Intimation for Composition Scheme Dealers
- Application for Opting Out of Composition Scheme System
- Submission of Goods and Service Tax (GST) Returns
- Payment of GST-CGST/SGST/UTGST/IGST
- Claiming Refund of Excess GST Paid Previously
- Furnishing of the Letter of Undertaking
- Access to E-Ledgers
- Submission of the GST Annual Return
- Application for Reconciliation Statement Filing
The official GST India login portal is well-organized. It makes it easier for people to pay their taxes. The page also has a number of frequently asked questions that a user can refer to. Vakilsearch and our legal experts are just a call away to clear any query of yours regarding GST filing or registration!
- Documents on GST Registration of Proprietorship Firm
- How to Apply for GST Number in Delhi?
- GSTR-1 Filing Due Dates