The DGFT is responsible for issuing licenses worldwide. Different licenses, such as the IEC, must be obtained by dealers. When Indian companies import and export internationally, they receive an IEC Code with ten digits. What to do if your IEC application is rejected is discussed in this article.
IEC, or Import Export Code, is issued to businesses involved in import and export activities. This is a mandatory requirement, and the business cannot import or export anything without registering for this code.
Like most other government registrations, IEC can be applied online and offline. And once the application is made, an officer from the department is assigned to the file, after which the application goes through a series of evaluations before it is approved or rejected. If it is approved, then there is no further formality. But what happens if the application gets rejected? What are the next steps? Let us take a look.
Different Outcomes While Filing An E-Iec Application?
- What are the different ways you can pay the IEC modification fees online?
- Common errors users encounter while applying for an IEC Code online?
- What are the common errors users face while making an IEC application online?
- How do I proceed after my IEC application gets rejected?
How To Apply For An IEC?
The regulatory authority that issues IEC is the DGFT which is short for the Directorate General of Foreign Trade, which falls under the purview of the Ministry of Commerce. Let us look at the procedure for the application of an IEC.
- Users must first visit the DGFT’s official website via this link.
- Next, applicants must click the Apply for new IEC/Modify Existing IEC option.
- To proceed, users must provide their PAN card number and click on Search.
- The applicant will then have to enter their full name as it appears on their PAN card, along with their Date of Birth or Date of Incorporation.
- The system will verify these details using the CBDT’s PAN database and redirect you to the DGFT’s IEC application page.
What Are The Different Outcomes While Filing An E-Iec Application?
As discussed before, there can be various outcomes for an IEC application. Let us look at those.
- If your PAN details are correct, a Login option appears, allowing users to apply for a new IEC application.
- Suppose the PAN number you provided already has an IEC attached. In that case, the system will display an option asking whether you wish to modify your existing IEC. Users can now choose to either view their IEC application or modify it.
- If the user wishes to migrate their old IEC to a new format on the same PAN card, the screen will display an option for the same. The user will have to enter their token number. On clicking submit, the system automatically migrates the old IEC to the new format.
- If the user completes their e-IEC application, the system will take them to a new screen from which they can add their details.
- Suppose the DGFT authority has rejected your e-IEC application. In that case, the system will allow you to either view your rejection letter or reapply. On choosing the View option, users can see their Rejection letter once they provide a token number. To reapply, the users must click on the appropriate message and provide their details again.
What Are The Different Ways You Can Pay The IEC Application Modification Fees Online?
- After making the required changes to their e-IEC application, the user must click on the Pay Online option from the main menu.
- On clicking the Application Fee option, users will be redirected to a new screen appears which displays the following information;
- PAN or IEC number
- Fee amount to be paid
- Number of successful transactions paid by the applicant
- Next, the user has to press the Submit button to open the Payment Confirmation Screen.
- If all the details displayed are correct, click on the Proceed button to go to a new window that displays the following payment options;
- Credit Card/ Debit Card
- Debit Card with ATM PIN
- Internet Banking
- Enter all the required details and click on Make Payment.
- You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP into the appropriate field and click Submit to complete the transaction.
What Are Common Errors Users Encounter While Applying For An Ie Code Online?
Java Script Error
Several users have encountered a Java Error when applying online for their IEC. The error is shown below, and we will now look at how to mitigate this error.
ERROR WHILE SENDING OUTPUT
(“java.net.SocketPermission” “18.104.22.168:8100″ “connect, resolve”)
Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Follow the path given below.
- Go to the folder marked C:Program FilesJavajre1.8.0_31libsecurity / C:Program Files (x86)Javajre1.8.0_31libsecurity
- Next, the applicant must open the Java Policy file and copy the content given below;
Permission java. Security.All Permission;
- Add this line of code to the end of the file and if the system does not allow you to modify the code, save it in a temporary folder. Users must then copy this file and paste it into the original folder.
- Restart your computer to ensure all the changes have been saved.
- Delete recent history and all other temporary files from your browser and make changes to your internet security.
- Go to Control Panel >> Programs >>Java >> Security option >> Edit site list and click on the Add button.
- Add the following websites to the list http://dgft.gov.in/ and http://dgftebrc.nic.in.
- Click on Ok and try again to complete your IEC application online.
Browser Compatibility Issues
It is also possible that your computer’s configuration might have some compatibility issues with the website. The portal works well with the latest version of the following browsers;
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge
- Apple Safari
The system will only allow you to proceed further if you provide complete details of all your partners, directors or trustees.
Details Not Matching
The system will show an error if your company name and name on the bank account do not match. In this case, ensure you have removed all the white spaces and uploaded a supporting document regarding your Bank Account.
This arises when the IEC number provided does not match the details provided for that number.
Most of these arise because applicants need to install the two system drivers required to use the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) For Signing Online. The two drivers are the DSC Token Driver and the EMUDHRA Application Driver.
How do I proceed after my IEC application gets rejected?
- First and foremost, go to the official DGFT website and log in.
- Enter your PAN number and click on Search.
- The system will ask you to enter your company name, date of incorporation, file number and date.
- Provide these details and click on Submit to allow the system to verify the details entered.
- After verification, the system will dispatch OTPs to your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Enter these OTPs into the appropriate field and click on Submit.
- Opt for the Apply again after the rejection option and go ahead and re-submit your application.
Bringing in or shipping out goods across the country’s sovereign borders for several reasons, including economic and public safety. So the evaluation procedure for granting an IEC is bound to be thorough. Even the forms and the applications require certain technical details and information, which may confuse someone who is not trained or has no experience with such matters. That is why you must engage someone who knows how to get the registration done in the least time possible. If you have any other queries or doubts regarding IEC or wish to consult someone regarding your IEC application, get in touch with our team of experts, and they will ensure that all your queries and requirements are resolved.
- What Is the Procedure to Apply for IEC Code?
- How Much Time Does It Take to Update IEC?
- Is It Mandatory to Update IEC Code?