The GST state code 19 identifies West Bengal as the location of the taxpayer. In the state of West Bengal, no company which has crossed the threshold limit may operate without getting a GSTIN code.
GST is levied at all stages of the supply chain, from manufacture to final consumption, with a set-off for taxes paid earlier. All Indian service providers and suppliers, including freelancers, are included in the supply chain. Discounted items are also taken into consideration. In the end, the final tax burden will fall on the customer. Under the new Goods and Services Tax regime, everyone involved in the provision of goods or services is required to register for GST.
GST lowers the cost of tax compliance for small businesses. In fact, start-ups and small businesses have more time to improve their operations and explore new opportunities on the back of GST implementation.
GST Threshold Limit in the State of West Bengal
Following the 32nd GST Council meeting, West Bengal opted to increase the threshold limit for selling goods to ₹ 40 lakhs. The service provider threshold requirements in West Bengal, on the other hand, has stayed constant at ₹ 20 lakhs.
The GST state code 19 in India represents the GST state code for West Bengal. The two-digit code for the state of West Bengal is 19. It is also the first two digits of a taxpayer’s GSTIN number in West Bengal. It is used to identify the state or the state of UT to which the taxpayer belongs to.
Basic Documents Required for GST Registration of a Proprietorship / Individual
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photograph
- Any 2 business address proof (electricity bill, property document, rent agreement, NOC consent letter)
- Canceled cheque/bank statements
- Email Id.
- Mobile No.
- Business name
- Description of business activities
How Vakilsearch Can Assist in West Bengal
Don’t think you can undergo the rigmarole of GST’s indirect taxation formalities? Apply for GST in West Bengal without any hassle with the help of experts at Vakilsearch.
- The first and most important step is to contact Vakilsearch’s GST experts to examine your GST demands and requirements.
- Our team of GST experts will next double-check that all of your paperwork and documentation is in place, allowing for hassle-free GST enrolment.
- Our experienced legal team will then walk you through the GST registration procedure and finish it on your behalf, allowing you to obtain your ARN and GSTIN as quickly as possible.
- The Vakilsearch team will also assist with any compliance or physical verification issues that may arise throughout the registration procedure.
- Additionally, our professionals can even help you out post-registration by handling all of your return filings to keep you GST compliant.
The Bottom Line
Moreover, GST registration can take many forms under the GST Act. Before deciding on the best kind of GST registration for your organization, you should be aware of the many options available. Get in touch with our experts to know more!
- Trademark Registration In Hyderabad
- Process For Trademark Registration In UAE
- Why Trademark Registration Is M