ARN number is generated after completing the GST registration process and filing GST REG 1 on the official portal. The taxpayer must then wait 3 to 5 working days after receiving the ARN before they can receive the GSTIN number from the government.
Since India is a quasi-federal country in which both the central and state governments have the right to levy and collect taxes through GST laws. The GST rate for various products and services in India is divided into five slabs: 0% GST, 5% GST, 12% GST, 18% GST, and 28% GST. Basic commodities are taxed at lower rates under the existing regime, whereas luxury products and services are taxed at higher rates. Despite the fact that suppliers are supposed to pay GST, the burden is eventually passed on to end-users.
- The GST regime in India has ensured that all indirect taxpayer services, such as registrations, returns, payments, are available online, making compliance simple and transparent.
- GST has ensured that indirect tax rates and structures are consistent across the country, enhancing corporate certainty and efficiency.
- Further, GST has made conducting business in the country tax-neutral, regardless of where you do business.
- GST has rendered a system of seamless tax-credits across the value chain and across state borders. This has cut down on the costs of running a company.
- The reduction of transaction costs of conducting business due to GST has facilitated commerce and industry competitiveness.
- GST has resulted in lowering the cost of collecting tax income for the government, thereby leading to increased revenue efficiency.
GST Registration Approved But Mail not Received: Quick Fix
There is a new concern that a considerable number of GST registrants are having in their new GST registration and enrollment journey. Those seeking new registration are reporting that even after their ARN number has been approved, they have yet to get an email from the government with their GST number. As a result, they are unable to raise GST invoices, causing significant problems in the day-to-day operations of their business.
One can try sending an email to the helpdesk or calling the hotline. One can also try visiting the GST Suvidha Kendra in New Delhi. Several taxpayers also went to the department in hopes of finding a solution to the situation, but they were unsuccessful. Another way to fix this dilemma is to wait for some time. This is due to the fact that the GST portal is a new system that is still facing server issues. As a result, the best option is to wait patiently until the server resets.
The Bottom Line
Due to server difficulties and improper registration attempts, obtaining one’s GSTIN might be a time-consuming process. This is why we highly advise you to enlist the help of Vakilsearch’s GST experts to complete your GST registration quickly and efficiently. Our experts may act as stewards in your GST registration efforts, ensuring that you get your GSTIN quickly by taking care of all pre and post registration obligations on your behalf. Vakilsearch makes stress-free GST registration a reality, get in touch with us today!
- GST Registration Fees for Partnership Firm
- How to Check GST Number Online
- Apply for a GSTIN Number
- GST Registration Documents