This article will show you how to verify your Registration Certificate online. Our first step is to explain how the portal can help verify; then, we offer a Checklist for Udyam Registration Verification, followed by a step-by-step process to confirm the registration. Let's talk about Udhyam Verification Status.
Once you have completed the MSME registration process, you will be given an udyam certificate. The e-certificate verifies the identity of your business as a micro, small, or medium enterprise. Once you have been issued this certificate, you can verify the certificate online through Udyog Aadhaar Portal of the Ministry of MSME.
What is Udyam Registration?
Udyam registration allows any person who wishes to establish a business to register their business. Once the registration process is complete, you will receive a certificate, called the udyam certificate, as proof. udyam registration was introduced in 2020 to encourage entrepreneurship and MSMEs in India.
The udyam registration process is significantly simpler than registering for any other kind of business. Under this type of registration, you do not need to provide any documents, papers, certificates, or proof. Furthermore, the process is completely free, and therefore, you do not need to pay any registration fees.
The process is based entirely on self-declaration. Therefore, it is important to note that when you are registering for udyam, you are taking responsibility for your application and verifying that all information you have provided is true.
Once done, you will receive two things:
- Udyam registration number: Each individual or business is provided with a unique udyam registration number. You can use this number for all further verifications.
- Udyam certificate: Udyam certificate is a small certificate that shows your membership. The certificate is provided as an e-copy to the registered email ID, and therefore, you do not need to physically collect a copy.
Why Do Udyam Registration?
There are many reasons why you should complete this registration. Some of these are as follows:
- No fees: Unlike other methods of registering a business where you have to pay fees, udyam does not have any fees. You are also not required to pay any fees once the certificate expires.
- Fully online: The registration process is completely online. This can be done in one sitting on the official portal: https://udyamregistration.gov.in/Government-India/Ministry-MSME-registration.htm. You can also provide scanned copies or digital copies of any documentation requested.
- Simpler licensing: Getting additional licences for your business is easier once you have a udyam certificate. The process is also simpler because your business has already been verified by the government.
- Increased creditworthiness: Your business’s creditworthiness increases once you have applied for udyam registration. As a result, you may find it easier to apply for business loans or other tenders and applications once you have completed udyam registration.
- Reduces cost: The registration can also make your business eligible for reduced fees when filing patents or copyrights.
Udyam registration is one of the simplest processes introduced specifically to encourage small businesses. Once you have completed the registration, you should also verify your udyam certificate.
Checklist for Registration Verification
- The registration number: The registration number allocated to your case or your business is a must to verify the udyam certificate. If you do not have the certificate, you will have received this number when you applied for your business to be an MSME.
- Mobile number: Without the OTP, you will not be able to complete the rest of the process. The OTP will be provided only on the mobile number you have provided with the application. Therefore, if you do not have this number, you cannot proceed further.
How to Verify the Udyam Registration Certificate Online?
You will receive the udyam certificate at the email address you have registered in your application. Once you have received the certificate, download the e-copy. The verification process for the certificate once you have downloaded it is as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official Udyam Portal and Verification portal to get started.
Step 2: Enter your 14 digit your udyam registration number allocated to your business. You can find this number on the certificate. Additionally, you will also have received this number when you applied for udyam registration.
Step 3: Enter the One Time Password
You will receive the OTP only on the mobile number registered with the application. You cannot request OTP on any mobile number. The OTP is also case sensitive.
Step 4: Verify
Enter the CAPTCHA provided on the page. The numbers and letters are case-sensitive. Select verify once you have entered the CAPTCHA and the OTP. You will be able to see the validity of the udyam certificate.
Other Ways to Verify the Udyam Certificate
You can also verify your certificate once you have received it. All certificates include a unique QR code. Therefore, you can also use this QR code to check the status of your certificate and verify the details. The process for this is simple:
Step 1: Scan the QR code using your mobile.
Step 2: You will be redirected to a webpage where all details of the business are provided.
This method is useful if you are providing your certificate during MSME loan applications. The lender can scan the QR code on the certificate and verify all the information provided on the certificate.
Why Should You Verify Your Udyam Registration?
Udyam certificate verification should be done to ensure your certificate has the proper details. This process can also be used to check the status of your certificate once your application has been accepted.
The udyam certificate verification does not need to be done repeatedly because the certificate is valid for an indefinite amount of time. Once you have received your certificate, complete the verification process to ensure all information linked with the certificate is correct. If not, you can raise a query for the same immediately.
The udyam registration process was introduced to boost the economy. Since the process is based entirely on self-declaration, you should check all details of your business before registering. Additionally, you should also check whether your business falls in the micro, small, or medium enterprise category. If you don’t know how to proceed, you can take help from the experts at Vakilsearch to complete your application and receive your certificate.