IN THE HIGH COURT OF GUJARAT AT AHMEDABAD SPECIAL CRIMINAL APPLICATION No. 716 of 2007 For Approval and Signature:
HONOURABLE MR.JUSTICE AKIL KURESHI ======================================
1 Whether Reporters of Local Papers may be allowed to see the judgment ?
2 To be referred to the Reporter or not ?
3 Whether their Lordships wish to see the fair copy of the judgment ?
Whether this case involves a substantial question of 4 law as to the interpretation of the constitution of India, 1950 or any order made thereunder ?
5 Whether it is to be circulated to the civil judge ?
====================================== LALJIBHAI KESRISINH PARMAR Versus STATE OF GUJARAT AND OTHERS ====================================== Appearance :
THROUGH JAIL for Applicant.
MR AY KOGJE, APP for Respondents.
====================================== CORAM : HONOURABLE MR.JUSTICE AKIL KURESHI Date : 20/04/2007 ORAL JUDGMENT
1) Rule. Learned APP Shri A.Y.Kogje waives service of rule on behalf of the respondents.
2) This application has been filed by the convict Shri Laljibhai Kesrisinh Parmar, who is convict of an offence under Section 304 of Indian Penal Code and sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for a period of ten years by the Sessions Court by a judgment dated 149 2006.
3) In his application filed through jail, the applicant has prayed for parole leave of 30 days to enable him to engage an advocate and prefer an appeal against his conviction.
4) Having considered the documents on record and having heard learned APP Shri Kogje, this application is granted by directing that the applicant shall be released on parole leave on depositing a sum of Rs.1,000/ with the jail authorities for a period of three weeks from his release. Upon completion of the period of parole, the applicant shall surrender before the jail authorities.
5) With these directions, this application is allowed. Rule is made absolute to the above extent.
(Akil Kureshi, J.) /malek