1. Rule. Ms. Amita Shah, learned Assistant Government Pleader waives service of notice of rule on behalf of respondents.
2. With the consent of the parties, the matter is taken up for final hearing today.
3. By way of present petition under Articles 19(i)(g), 226 and 227 of the Constitution of India, the petitioner has prayed as under:
11.(A) That the Hon'ble Court may be pleased to admit this petition.
(B) That the Hon'ble Court may be pleased to allow this Special Civil Application by issuing an appropriate writ, order or Page 1 of 3 C/SCA/6681/2015 ORDER direction directing the respondent no.1 to exercise the hearing of the appeal and conclude the same within a particular time limit after giving an opportunity of hearing to the present petitioner in the interest of justice.
(C) Grant such other and further relief(s) as deemed just and proper by this Hon'ble Court in the interest of justice.
4. It is the case of the petitioner that though the petitioner has filed appeal/ revision application before the competent authority wayback on 19.04.2014, no notice has been issued for hearing.
5. I have heard learned advocate, appearing for the petitioner and learned Assistant Government Pleader for the respondents. Without going into the merits of the matter, I am of the opinion that end of justice would meet by passing the following order.
Respondent No.1 is directed to decide the Appeal/Revision Application dated 19.04.2014 preferred by the present petitioner as expeditiously as possible, preferably within a period of one year from the date of receipt of this order. Respondent No.1 shall decide the Appeal/Revision Application in accordance with law also keeping in mind that this Court has not gone into merits of the matter.' Page 2 of 3 C/SCA/6681/2015 ORDER
6. In view of the direction, the application stands disposed of. Rule is made absolute to the aforesaid extent. Direct service is permitted.
(A.J.DESAI, J.) niru* Page 3 of 3