1. Rule. Learned APP waives service of Rule on behalf of the respondent- State.
2. This application is moved by the applicant seeking parole leave for a long period for the purpose of post-death ritual of his father.
3. Heard the learned counsel for the applicant as well as the learned APP for the respondent-State.
4. Considering the facts and circumstances of the case as also the jail record, this Court is of the view that the applicant is required to be released on parole leave for a period of one day.
5. Accordingly, the applicant is ordered to be released on parole leave for a period of one day from the date of his actual release on usual terms and conditions. Further, he may be sent with police escort at the cost of the applicant. The applicant shall surrender to the Jail Authority immediately after the aforesaid parole is over. The Jail Authority is directed to provide police escort keeping in mind his past record.
6. The application stands disposed of accordingly. Rule is made absolute to the aforesaid extent. Direct Service today is permitted.