1. The present application has been filed under Section 439 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 seeking regular bail in connection with First Information Report being Prohibition C.R.No.11191007200541 of 2020 registered with Bapunagar Police Station for the offence under Sections 66(2), 65(a), 65(e), 116B, 81 of the Gujarat Prohibition Act.
2. Heard Mr. Chetan B. Raval, learned advocate for the applicant and Ms. Nisha Thakor, learned Additional Public Prosecutor for the respondent - State through video conference.
3. Learned advocate appearing for the applicant submits that considering the nature of the offence, the applicant may be enlarged on regular bail by imposing suitable conditions.
4. Ms. Nisha Thakor, learned Additional Public Prosecutor appearing for the respondent - State has opposed this application looking to the nature and gravity of the offence.
5. Learned advocates for the respective parties do not press for Page 1 of 3 Downloaded on : Sat Jul 25 01:31:23 IST 2020 R/CR.MA/8870/2020 ORDER further reasoned order.
6. Having heard the learned advocates for the respective parties and perusing the material placed on record and taking into consideration the facts of the case, nature of allegations, gravity of offences, role attributed to the accused, without discussing the evidence in detail, this court is of the opinion that this is a fit case to exercise the discretion and enlarge the applicant on regular bail.
7. This court has considered the aspects, viz. (i) that the applicant is in jail since 11.6.2020; (ii) the accused named in the First Information Report have been granted bail by the learned Sessions Court. This court has also considered the principle enunciated by the Apex Court in the case of Sanjay Chandra vs. Central Bureau of Investigation, reported in (2012) 1 SCC 40 and looking to the overall facts and circumstances of the present case, I am inclined to consider the case of the applicant.
8. Hence, the present application is allowed. The applicant is ordered to be released on regular bail in connection with First Information Report being Prohibition C.R.No.11191007200541 of 2020 registered with Bapunagar Police Station, on executing a personal bond of Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) with one surety of the like amount to the satisfaction of the Trial Court and subject to the conditions that the applicant shall;
[a] not take undue advantage of liberty or misuse liberty;
[b] not act in a manner injurious to the interest of the prosecution;
[c] surrender passport, if any, to the lower court within a week;
[d] mark presence before the concerned police station between 1st to 10th day of every English calendar month between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. for a period of six months;
R/CR.MA/8870/2020 ORDER [e] not leave India without prior permission of the concerned trial court;
[f] furnish the present address of residence to the Investigating Officer and also to the Court at the time of execution of the bond and shall not change the residence without prior permission of the concerned Trial Court.
9. The authorities shall adhere to its own circular regarding Covid-19 and thereafter release the applicant only if he is not required in connection with any other offence for the time being. If breach of any of the above conditions is committed, the learned Sessions Judge concerned will be free to issue warrant or take appropriate action in the matter. Bail bond to be executed before the lower court having jurisdiction to try the case. It will be open for the concerned court to delete, modify and/or relax any of the above conditions, in accordance with law.
10. Needless to say, at the trial, the Trial Court shall not be influenced by the prima facie observations made by this court in the present order.
11. Rule is made absolute to the aforesaid extent. Registry to communicate this order to the concerned court/jail authority through fax or e-mail, forthwith.
(SANGEETA K. VISHEN,J) BINOY/MISHRA AMIT V.