1. By way of the present petition under Articles 14, 19, 21 and 226 of the Constitution of India, the petitioner has prayed for a direction to the respondent authorities to grant the petitioner's application for allotment of land to carry on prawn farming, which is pending since long.
2. Mr. M.A. Kharadi, learned advocate appearing for the petitioner would submit that the Collector, Surat may be directed to consider the application of the petitioner for allotment of land to carry on prawn farming, which is pending since long.
3. On the other hand, Mr. J.K. Shah, learned Assistant Government Pleader appearing for the respondents would submit that there are Policies for grant of land for such type of activities and the petitioner can apply under the relevant Policy issued by the State of Gujarat.
4. Having heard learned advocates appearing for the Page 1 of 2 C/SCA/7138/2018 ORDER respective parties, I am of the opinion that the following order would meet the ends of justice :-
"It would be open for the petitioner to make fresh application for allotment of piece of land for cultivation of prawns farming in consonance with the latest Policies issued by the State of Gujarat. If such an application is submitted, the concerned Collector shall decide the same expeditiously in accordance with law."
5. With the above direction, the present petition stands disposed of. Direct service is permitted.
(A.J.DESAI, J) SAVARIYA Page 2 of 2