1. The petitioner has prayed for quashment of the first information report being IC.R. No.18 of 2016 registered with Pathawada Police Station, District Banaskantha.
2. The petitioner and the prosecutrix are present today in the Court.
3. Let a notice be issued to the respondents, returnable on June 10, 2016. Till returnable date, there shall be interim relief in terms of paragraph 18(B). In the meantime, no coercive Page 1 of 3 HC-NIC Page 1 of 3 Created On Wed May 04 05:18:32 IST 2016 R/SCR.A/1988/2016 ORDER steps be taken against the petitioner.
4. As the Court could notice that the emotions are running very high and there is much hostility on the part of the complainant's side, Ms.Monali Bhatt, learned Additional Public Prosecutor, shall ascertain that the Police Inspector, Sola Police Station, Ahmedabad, provides protection to the petitioner and the prosecutrix upto their residence at village Vaghor, Dantiwada, District Banaskantha, today itself without fail.
5. The District Superintendent of Police, Bansakantha at Palanpur, is directed to ensure the safety of the petitioner and the prosecutrix at their residence at village Vaghor, Dantiwada, District Sabarkantha and shall provide them police protection till they feel safe. The petitioner shall produce on record the certificate of his marriage registration on or before the returnable date.
The formal service of notice is waived by the learned Additional Public Prosecutor on behalf of the respondent No.1State.
A copy of this order be provided to the learned Additional Public Prosecutor for its onward communication.
Registry shall forward a copy of this order to the District Superintendent of Police, Banaskantha at Palanpur, by a fax message, forthwith.
Direct Service is permitted, TODAY.
(MS SONIA GOKANI, J.) Aakar Page 3 of 3 HC-NIC Page 3 of 3 Created On Wed May 04 05:18:32 IST 2016