1. RULE. Learned Additional Public Prosecutor waives service of notice of Rule on behalf of the respondent - State.
2. The present application has been filed by the applicant - convict, through jail praying to release him on parole leave on the ground of medical treatment of his mother, who is suffering from heart ailment.
3. Heard learned Additional Public Prosecutor appearing for the respondent- State. Perused the application and other material placed on record, including report received from the Superintendent of Jail which is Page 1 of 2 HC-NIC Page 1 of 2 Created On Tue May 03 03:08:15 IST 2016 R/SCR.A/2892/2016 ORDER placed on record by the learned Additional Public Prosecutor.
4. Having regard to the facts and circumstances stated in the application and the conduct of the applicant which is reflected in the report received from the Superintendent of Jail, as also period of sentence undergone by now, this Court is of the opinion that the present application deserves consideration.
5. Hence, the present application is partly allowed. The applicant - convict is ordered to be released on parole leave for a period of ten days from the date of his actual release on usual terms and conditions. The convict shall surrender to the Jail Authority on completion of the parole leave, without fail. During the period of parole leave, the convict shall not abuse the liberty granted to him and shall maintain law and order. Rule is made absolute accordingly. Order be communicated to the concerned Jail authority through fax at the cost of the applicant. Direct service is permitted.
(P.P.BHATT, J.) sndevu Page 2 of 2 HC-NIC Page 2 of 2 Created On Tue May 03 03:08:15 IST 2016