In this informative blog you will get to learn everything about the franchise package, what the process involves and some fundamental provisions of the same.
A franchise package is a simplified plan based on which a business is run. The basic idea behind it is to direct a person who has no previous experience in running this kind of business in the field of sustainable business. A document called an operational manual contains all this knowledge gathered in one place. It’s important because it gives an insight into the processes that the new franchisee will apply in practice.
A good effort to put together a franchise package will be easy to understand and even easier to implement. These franchisors provide knowledge and assistance to their recipients. They make a profit from the royalty fees that each facility pays every month. It is the primary source of their income, and because of that, a franchisor will use all its efforts to help the franchisee.
What is a Franchise Agreement Process?
The franchise agreement is basically a legal document between the franchisor and the franchisee. It is a legal agreement that binds the two parties for effective success. It specifies minutely every detail of what the franchisor expects from a franchisee to operate every aspect of the business successfully. The types of business, the terms and conditions, and the methods of operation of various franchises vary widely.
A franchisee and the franchisor should sign the franchise agreement after coming to an agreement on all the terms and conditions of the business requirements. As it is a binding legal document, one must have a franchise attorney review it before final signing.
A franchise agreement, or contract, is the document that concludes the sale of a franchise. Each agreement typically consists of two parts: the purchase agreement and the other license or Franchise Package.
What Does the Term ‘Franchise Package’ Mean in a Franchise Agreement?
The terms ‘package franchise’ or ‘franchise package’ usually refer to the situation where the franchisee uses the franchisor’s methodology of doing business rather than buying from the franchisor. The purchase agreement lays out the price, the services and other facilities to be provided by the franchisor to the franchisee, and the “franchise package,” which refers to all the items the franchisee has been promised to receive.
The franchise or licence agreement grants the right to the franchisee to use the franchisor’s trademark, the obligations and duties of the franchisor and the franchisee, trade restrictions, all rights and limitations related to the transfer or termination of the franchise agreement, and responsibility for meeting the attorney fees in times of dispute (if one arises in the future).
A franchise package, in general, consists of an operational manual that explains how to keep the franchise successful. Additionally, the franchisor must collect as much information as possible about the market and business environment and case study, which it then shares with its business partners. Following this type of business methodology, in which the two parties work together hand in hand to achieve a common business goal, is the best effort in the market. For example, global giants like KFC Franchise, Bata Franchise, McDonald’s, Subway, etc.) whose initial fee is quite higher for global franchise systems because of their expertise and success ratio.
So, in a great deal, the success of the business depends on the franchise and its willingness to obey the franchise agreement and apply each and every tool available from the franchising business systems in the right way to increase its chances of success many times.
What Does the Franchise Package Consist Of?
The franchise package includes all of the elements necessary to allow a person to be able to run that franchise business. The package’s actual specifics of what a franchisee will gain as part of the franchise package may vary from franchise to franchise, but these are more or less some standard elements that a new franchisee could undeniably expect.
Some fundamental provisions outlined in more or less similar terms in every franchise agreement are as follows:
A franchise agreement that fulfils the basic criteria of ethical franchising. Like the usage of the franchisor’s trademark or trade name and intellectual property, including any technical know-how, business methods, and procedural systems that are involved in running the business.
A necessary training program that includes training on how to use the franchise system and how to efficiently run the business. A guidebook or an operational manual may in detail show how to operate the business.
This tends to be more practical rather than a legal document procedure powered by ongoing training and support throughout the term of the franchise agreement. The package might consist of essential equipment that is necessary to begin the rolling of the business, such as opening stock, assisting in its endeavour, sourcing vehicles, business places etc.
- Geographical territory or location The franchise agreement will assign the territory in which one can operate and mark any special rights which one can avail if present
- Operations This section of the agreement highlights how the franchisees are expected to run their business units
- support and training. Franchisors may offer training and development programmers for franchisees and their staff at their designated corporate locations or in the field. It may be outlined in the agreement whether any administrative and technical support will be available or not
- Period. The agreement will, in detail, mention the length of the duration of the franchise agreement
- Franchise Deposit Money/investment. This is an initial upfront franchise fee that permits the franchisee the right to use the franchisor’s trademark and operating system
- Royalty fees Generally, a franchisor requires a franchisee to pay a royalty on the basis of a percentage of total sales, either on a monthly or yearly basis. This part shows the details of the franchisor’s royalty structure
- Trademark or patent usage This part of the franchise agreement will mention how a franchisee can use the franchisor’s logo, trademark, and patent
- advertising and marketing rights. In this part, the franchisor permits its advertising commitment and any other franchisee fees required to be paid
- termination, renewal, and cancellation policies. Here it contains a description of how the franchisee can be renewed or terminated.
The most vital aspect of a franchise is brand recognition. A brand is recognized and built on the basis of proper marketing and advertising efforts, and when it agrees to a franchise system, it benefits both the franchisor and the franchisee.
So, these franchisees can create a great business marketing fund and can expand the industry. Now it is pretty clear what a franchise package is and what its benefits of it are. In many cases, it can be seen that the franchisee side does not have enough experience, sincerity, and business ideas to manage the whole thing and its proper working procedure. So it is always suggested that the recipient must receive proper training about business development strategies from the franchisor and remain in constant touch with it.
- How to Set up a Franchise Agreement?
- Things to be Included in a Franchise Agreement
- Characteristics of Master Franchise