Did you know that the ISI mark is required for all electrical appliances, LPG valves, LPG cylinders, Portland cement, and automotive tyres sold in India? In this article, we will be discussing everything you need to know about getting an ISI registration in Delhi.
In India, the ISI Registration mark is the most widely recognised certification mark. The mark guarantees quality, safety, and dependability. ISI stands for Indian Standards Institute, which was previously known as BIS.
In fact, the ISI symbol is a certification mark designated for industrial products. The mark certifies that a product has met all of the regulations of the Indian Standard developed by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), India’s national standard body. The mark is accompanied by a seven-digit BIS licence number.
ISI is a manufacturer-specific licensee that covers both domestic and international producers. Products that adhere to the Bureau’s regulations are given the ISI (Indian Standards Institution) mark as a sign that it adheres to standard compliance requirements. No manufacturer or company can create or market products without this mark.
The bulk of products covered by BIS includes tyres and tubes, chemicals and fertilisers, food and associated products, household electrical items, medical equipment, cement, steel and related products.
The Procedure for ISI Application
Under the BIS product certification process, an applicant may select one of the two following procedures for the grant of a licence:
- The applicant is required to submit the application along with the required documents and requisite fee to the nearest BIS branch office.
- After the submission of the application, a preliminary factory evaluation is carried out by the BIS officer to ascertain the capability of the applicant/manufacturer to produce goods according to the relevant Indian Standard. The availability of proper testing facilities and competent technical personnel will also be verified.
- 3. After that, samples are tested in the factory and also taken for independent testing. BIS will consider granting a licence if the samples pass independent testing and the preliminary evaluation is satisfactory. Additionally, the applicant must also agree to operate within the defined Scheme of Testing and Inspection and pay the prescribed marking fee.
- After this procedure, the licence is expected to be granted within 4 months of recording of the application by BIS and within 6 months in case it is India is providing a licence to such a product for the first time.
|Note: After visiting a manufacturer’s manufacturing facilities and reviewing its manufacturing infrastructure, production process, quality control, and testing capabilities, the Bureau of Indian Standards issues an ISI licence. Another method for determining if a product complies with the standards is through third-party laboratory testing, internal testing, or a combination of the two.|
- The applicant is required to furnish the test reports of the samples tested by him in BIS-approved laboratories.
- If the test reports and other documents are found satisfactory, a verification visit is carried out by BIS.
- The licence is granted thereafter if the verification report is found satisfactory.
- After this procedure, the licence is expected to be granted within 30 days of the recording of the application by BIS, provided all required documents are furnished and found satisfactory.
Documents Required for ISI Certification
- Self evaluation-cum-verification report
- A copy of the test reports from an independent BIS-recognised laboratory indicating conformance of the product to relevant Indian Standards
- Document authenticating the establishment of the organisation, such as registration by company registrar or partnership deed in case the applicant firm is a partnership
- Certificate from concerned regulatory agencies such as Central Insecticide Board (CIB), Chief Controller of Explosive (CCE) and Drug Controller as applicable
- SSI certificate if the firm is a small-scale unit
- Undertaking an Indemnity Bond on non-judicial stamp paper of ₹100 value along with the application with a request for blocking the licence number.
What is the Cost of ISI Registration in Delhi?
The application fee is ₹1000 and preliminary inspection charges are ₹4000, which can be paid via demand draft, in favour of the Bureau of Indian Standards.
An agent is likely to charge anywhere from ₹ 5000 to ₹15,000, depending on the complexity of the product.
However, you can get the entire process of ISI registration done on your behalf for half the price with the help of Vakilsearch experts. Get in touch with our team today!
BIS Office for North India and Delhi
Plot No. 4-A, Sector 27-B, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh – 160 019 (PBX) 0172-2650206, 2650290 Fax: 0172-2650259
Get Assistance from Vakilsearch
If you’re a manufacturer in Delhi and looking to start a business, you must get the ISI registration without fail! Our experts at Vakilsearch can make the entire process hassle-free and seamless. All you need to do is get in touch with us!
- How to Apply for ISI Certification
- Purpose of Legal Heir Certificate
- Why is an ISO Certification Vital