Getting a marriage certificate online is easy and quick in Maharashtra, India. This article outlines the steps for digital process as well as for paper process.
Purpose of the Marriage Registration
Maharashtra is one of the most popular states for registering marriages. A lot of people choose to get married in Maharashtra because of its favourable laws and regulations. One of the main reasons why people choose to get married in Maharashtra is because of the easy process involved in getting a marriage certificate online. If you are looking to get married in Maharashtra and are not familiar with the process involved, then this article will provide you with all the information you need.
There are many legal purposes of registering marriage in India. Here are the most common ones:
- To get a valid marriage certificate which is proof of your marriage and can be used to establish marital status, property rights, and other legal matters
- To get a divorce certificate if your marriage has ended in divorce
- To have a child born out of a marriage registered as your child
- To adopt a child born out of a married relationship
- To get a legal separation certificate in case you are no longer living with your spouse legally but are still married.
The following are some of the steps that you need to take if you want to get a marriage certificate online in Maharashtra:
- First, you will need to find an authorised registry office or registration authority in your area. This is where you can apply for a marriage certificate online.
- Once you have found the registry office or authority, you will need to fill out an application form. The form will require information such as your full name, date of birth, and marital status.
- You will also be required to provide copies of both your identification cards and any other documents that prove your identity.
- Finally, you will need to pay the appropriate fees for the registration process.
Eligibility for Applying of Marriage Registration
There are certain eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled before you can apply for a Marriage Registration Certificate in Maharashtra. The following are the eligibility criteria:
- First and foremost, you must be at least 18 years of age. You also need to have a valid ID card or passport. Finally, you will need to have the consent of both of your parents or guardians.
- If all of these requirements are met, you can apply for a marriage certificate online through the government website. The application process is simple and takes just a few minutes to complete. Once you have completed the application form, you will need to submit it with documentation that proves your identity and age.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive a notification email confirming your appointment time at the government office.
Documents Required to Apply for Registration
In order to get a marriage certificate in Maharashtra, you will need the following documents:
- Proof of residency (such as a utility bill, bank statement, or voter ID card)
- A copy of your marriage certificate or affidavit of marriage
- A passport size photograph
- Payment for the required fees
Once you have gathered all of the Required Documents for Registration, you can submit your application online using the Marriage Registration Online Application form . The application process will take around two weeks to complete, and once it is complete, you will receive a notification confirming the registration of your marriage.
Procedure for Marriage Registration
If you are looking to get married in Maharashtra, one of the first things you will need is a marriage certificate. There are a few ways to obtain a marriage certificate online, but the easiest way is to visit the website of the state’s registrar general. The registrar general’s website offers detailed instructions on how to register for a marriage, complete with step-by-step photos and video guides. Once you have registered for a marriage, you will need to provide the bride and groom’s full names, date of birth, and other identifying information. You can also upload scanned copies of your Identification Cards or any other relevant documents. Finally, you will need to pay the applicable fee and wait for your marriage certificate to be mailed to you.
Witnesses of Marriage Registration
In order to get a marriage certificate in Maharashtra, you will need the presence of two witnesses. The witnesses can be family or friends of the couple. To find out if two witnesses are necessary for your particular situation, you can contact the nearest civil registration office..
Fees of Marriage Registration
Maharashtra has a variety of marriage registration fees depending on the place where the marriage is registered. However, most of the marriages in Maharashtra are registered in the state capital Mumbai. The fee for registering a marriage in Mumbai is generally ₹1200 for both the bride and groom.
If you are looking to get married in Maharashtra, then you’ll need to find a way to get a marriage certificate online. While there are many different ways to do this. The easiest and most reliable way is through reputable services such as Vakilsearch, that issues marriage certificates online: https://services.india.gov.in/service/detail/online-application-of-marriage-certificate, and they offer great customer service so you can be sure your request will be processed quickly.
- Process and Fee for Online Marriage Registration
- Actions taken when the Marriage Certificate is fake?
- Complete details about Muslim Marriage Act
- How to Get a Marriage Certificate in Delhi?
- How to apply Marriage Certificate in Online
- Easy Ways to Register a Marriage in India