This article will explain the steps while checking the company name on MCA.
Your company name is your identity for the organisation. In addition, people might connect with a name because it creates personality. Given a corporation’s significance, it is time for you to devote time and attention to naming your business. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has set up a regulatory regime that you must consider while establishing your business. Your application may be refused if your corporation does not comply with MCA’s standards.
Reasons Why Your New Company Name Can Be Rejected
- Keep a close eye out for trademarks: The suggested name should not be similar to the title of an existing firm, a registered trademark*, or a signature that is in the course of being registered.
For instance, the firm name ‘eBay’ is already in use. Therefore, although the pronunciation is different, the MCA will not authorise the name ‘debate.’ A common mistake is adding popular terms to an existing firm name, such as New, Contemporary, Veer, Shree, Sri, Shri, Guru, Om, Jaya, Swami, The, etc. It will be turned down.
- A location to disregard: MCA will not accept your brand name if it is very different from the title of an established business by inserting the history of the place. Ace Cochin Ltd will not be permitted if the company Ace Ltd already occurs
- Obtain required supervisory authorisation: If your corporation contains words like ‘Health coverage,’ ‘Financial institution,’ ‘Stockmarket,’ ‘Venture Wealth,’ ‘Wealth Management,’ ‘Nidhi,’ ‘Investment vehicle,’ and so on, you must complete niceties mandated by corresponding regulatory agencies including IRDA, Central bureau of investigation, Bse, MCA, and so on
- ‘State’ is a no-no – When naming your organisation, avoid using the word ‘State.’ Only government-owned businesses can use the term ‘State’ in their titles
- No duplicating and dropping: A registration number with an identical Hindi version of an established English name will be rejected. For instance, if a company entitled Ace Mango Manufacturers already operates, Ace Aam Manufacturers will not be permitted. Wow, a little New business cannot use abbreviated names like ‘XYZ restricted’ or ‘123K restricted.’
- Be courteous: Any part or sector of the society shall not be offended by the suggested corporate name. Or should be free of vulgarity
Some Potential Suggestions
- Pick A Brand Name That Is Appropriate For Your Company.
What would it be like to have a brand name which has nothing to do with the sector or items you work with? “The brand should represent your services and goods with a broad vision,” says the standard rule of thumb.
- Reserve A Web Domain And Sign Up For Internet Advertising For The First Step.
Have your website address registered once your registration number has been authorised. The possibility of not being able to grab the chosen web address while developing your business site is thus eliminated!
How To Check The Status Of A Company’s Enrollment On MCA
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is a government website with details on all Indian businesses. It has information on corporations and limited liability partnerships (LLP).
The portal allows consumers to look up information such as a company’s number plate, kind, date of establishment, taxes, members, etc. For a price, the bank balances and other papers of a corporation and annual returns are also available on the website.
How to Check the Status of a Company’s Incorporation
- Step 1: To begin, go to the MCA’s website.
- Step 2: Select ‘MCA Services’ from the drop-down menu. Select ‘Show Company/LLP Master Data’ from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Enter the CIN of the company. Enter the captcha code into the box. Select ‘Submit’ from the drop-down menu. Look up a CIN.
The Following Information Will Be Closely Displayed On The Result Page, Among Other Things:
- Name of Organization
- ROC number
- Company incorporation number
- Company classification
- Company category
- Date of Admission
- Authorised and paid-up stock
- Number of participants
- Date of Integration
- Registered location and e-mail
- Funds under control
- Information about all the company’s board of directors
Steps To Obtain An MCA Certificate Of Registration
The steps listed below must be followed:
- Visit the ‘Ministry of Corporate Affairs website,’ also known as MCA. Your user ID and passcode will be required.
- Go to the ‘MCA Products’ menu and select the ‘Get Verified Copies’ option.
- Select the firm details and provide the CIN/company names you require documentary evidence.
- Select the documentation for which a registration certificate is required, and the year it was submitted. As a result, it is usually recommended to check the document through public examination before proceeding.
- Select the number of pages, region, and certified duplicates required.
- The fees that must be paid and the stamp duty penalties will be cast on the screen. Select ‘Add to Cart from the drop-down menu.
- You will then be able to add other papers for which certified copies are required. Carefully add attachments one at a time, as picking the form alone does not guarantee that the files will be verified. Each request for preparation tasks of your files must be made separately.
- After choosing your documents, select ‘View Payment Information’ from the drop-down menu.
- Make payments by clicking the ‘Make payment button.
- Make necessary payments with a credit or debit card, a checking account, internet, or an NEFT transfer.
Charges Carried With The Corporation
A ‘charge filed on a corporation’ is a possessory interest or rights that a buyer or debtor receives in a business’s property to ensure that the company will repay the debt. Charges against the organisation are typically included when a corporation or limited liability partnership (LLC) gets a bank loan or other financial support from a commercial bank. As a result, MCA’s capability can be utilised to see if an organisation took out loans from banks or other financial organisations.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) publishes all corporate information on the web, available to the general community and the business. Therefore, companies must register with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, which can be done online. If you have any queries reach out to Vakilsearch.