The Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GST number) is a 15-digit number assigned to each taxpayer under the GST system (GSTIN). Apply for GST in India with the help of experts at Vakilsearch.
Importance of Applying for a GST Number in India
- A valid GST number permits a business entity to be legally recognised as a provider of goods and services
- This allows a company to build trust with its consumers and contributes to the company’s success
- A person with a valid GSTIN number can claim input credit for purchases made on their own behalf
- When compared to a small firm, you will be able to boost your competitiveness with a GSTIN number because purchasing from them would secure input credit.
- Moreover, businesses can also avoid interstate sales limits by using their GST Identification Number
- You will be able to expand the scope of your business by registering on e-commerce sites or creating your own eCommerce website.
GST State and Union Territory Code in India
The state and union territory code is represented by a GSTIN’s first two digits. Determining GST jurisdiction is critical for the efficient processing of returns, applications, and assessments, as well as the rendering of facilities under the legislation. To make GST registrations easier for companies and professionals, the government has classified jurisdictions based on geographical region, PIN numbers of separate locales, and unique districts.
|Union Territory||TIN||UT Code|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||35||AN|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||26||DNHDD|
|Jammu and Kashmir||01||JK|
Before registering for GST, calculate GST amount that needs to be paid using our GST calculator.
Obtain GSTIN in India with the Assistance of Vakilsearch
- Visit the online GST registration portal. Thereafter, you must undergo new user registration to obtain a valid TRN
- Log in using the TRN and Captcha code. From the ‘My Saved Application’ page, click the ‘Edit’ icon. Fill in the details required
- Then you must upload scanned copies of the required documentation
- Then you must visit the ‘verification’ page and check the declaration box
- After application submission, an ‘Application Reference Number’ (ARN) will be sent to your email ID and the registered mobile number. With the ARN, you can check the status of your application and GSTIN on the GST portal.
Contact Vakilsearch right away for professional assistance in obtaining your GSTIN in India!
- How Much Time It Takes To Get GST Number
- GST Registration Applicability
- Threshold Limit for Registration Under GST