The EPF Member e-Sewa online portal was launched for the convenience of salaried employees. Keep reading to learn more about the services offered, their benefits, login procedure, UAN activation process, KYC requirements, and more.
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is better known as a retirement benefits scheme for all registered salaried employees. EPFO is governed by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. For the convenience of salaried employees, EPFO has launched the UAN eSewa portal, which lets its member users access a wide range of services and manage their Provident Fund accounts without visiting the EPFO office. Before logging into the UAN e-Sewa online portal, you need to activate your UAN. In this article, we will learn everything about UAN and a step-by-step guide on how to login into the e-Sewa Portal.
The EPFO has recently announced on its Twitter handle that the pension payment order (PPO) number and UAN are now available on the government’s e-locker service – DigiLocker.
Universal Account Number (UAN)
The EPFO has assigned a 12- digit UAN (universal account number) to every employee registered under it. It is a unique number that remains the same, even if the employee changes his/her job. You should also know that, if you have more than one PF account, you can Merge them into a Single PF account.
How Do I Find The 12-Digit UAN Allotted To Me?
- An employee can find his/her universal account number directly through his/her employer or salary slip
- Alternatively, one can also obtain a UAN number through the UAN member e-Sewa portal using his/her member ID/PF number by furnishing the following details:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- After entering all the details along with the captcha code, click on the tab “Get Authorization Pin”
- You will receive an authorization PIN to your registered mobile number. Click on the “Validate OTP and get UAN” tab after entering the OTP.
- By doing so, you will receive the UAN on your mobile number.
Note: The PF number is also called the member ID.
How Do I Get My 12-Digit UAN Activated?
- Step 1: Visit the URL
- Step 2: Click the sub-category ‘Activate UAN’ which can be found in the bottom right column under the “Important Links” section.
- Step 3: Enter the following details:
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID and captcha code
Note: Make sure you enter the correct details as per your official EPF records. Title with (*) is a mandatory field.
- Step 4: Once you have filled in the details and correctly entered the captcha code, click on “Get Authorisation Pin”. The PIN will be sent to your mobile number
- Step 5: Click on “I Agree” and then enter the OTP. After that, click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
- Step 6: On successful UAN Activation, you will receive an auto-generated password to your mobile number. You can also change the password by clicking on ‘Forgot Password.
Know more: Provident Fund Registration
How Do I Access the UAN Member e-Sewa Portal?
- Visit the https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Enter your UAN number and your new password.
While activating UAN, you will get a password on your mobile. Use it for the first login and then change it after the first login. You can also change the password of your UAN account under the ‘Account’ tab.
List of Services Under the UAN Member e-Sewa Portal
The UAN member login portal offers a host of services related to the EPF account. Let’s look at each section in detail.
Under the “View” tab you can access the following drop-down:
- Service History
- UAN Card
|In the profile section, you can see the following information and you can also modify some of the details.
Along with this, a member can also upload his/her photo in the prescribed format.
|The service history section will show the following EPF details along with the list of organizations your account is linked with including the one you are currently working in.
|You can view and download your UAN Card from the UAN login portal. You can submit a downloaded copy of your UAN Card at the time of offline withdrawal or transfer of your PF account.|
Step 1: Under the “View” menu, click on “Passbook” from the drop-down list.
Step 2: Now, Login using your UAN and Password.
The passbook will have the entries related to the contributions made by you, your employer and the interest added to your credit.
Under the “Manage” tab, you will find four different sections in the drop-down menu. You can use this function to modify details such as name, and contact details and also add KYC. Apart from that, you can also proceed with E-nomination.
A member can add KYC details using:
- Bank Account
- Driving License
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- National population Register
Calculate how much money will be accumulated in your EPF account when you retire with Vakilsearch’s EPF Calculator India.
To avail of any services, only verified KYC documents will be considered.
|Under the “Online Services” tab, you can find four drop-down options namely,
Claim (Form 31, 19, 10C & 10D)
|It is a composite claim form for all sorts of PF withdrawals – either partial or full you have to fill our the form 15g for PF withdrawal, from your EPF account. It is important to link your Aadhaar with UAN to make a successful withdrawal of the PF amount.|
One Member- One EPF Account
|A UAN member can raise a transfer request from one account to another. Before making such a request, it is important to update the KYC details and furnish all other bank details in the portal.|
Track Claim Status
|Once you have applied to claim your PF amount. Based on your request, the amount will be transferred to your account within the prescribed time limit. You can track the status of the transfer under this tab.|
In case, if you are facing any difficulty in logging into the UAN e-Sewa online portal, get in touch with the customer care team.
Toll-Free Help Desk – 1800 11 8005
Email ID – email@example.com
EPFO regional/Sub-regional office (view the contacts here) – http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/Contact_us.php
|Note: The service desk remains open from 9:15 AM to 5:45 PM.|
As you can see, the UAN member e-Sewa portal offers many services and benefits for the convenience of its registered users. To access these services, all it requires is a simple KYC verification and a paperless validation process. You can also access all the information found under the portal through the UMANG app.
- How to check PF Withdrawal Taxability?
- EPF Registration for Employers?
- How to do EPFO E-Nomination?
- How Can I Withdraw My EPF Amount Online?
- How to Register a Company for EPF?
- How much Amount can be withdrawn From EPF?