Aadhaar's constitutional validity was upheld in the Supreme Court judgment. To file an income tax return (ITR) or obtain a new PAN card, you must link your PAN and Aadhaar. If your Aadhaar card details contain typos or other errors, you may be unable to connect the two.
An Aadhaar card with a 12-digit unique identifying number is regarded as a vital record for proving one’s identity and address. To receive different government subsidies and perks, an Aadhar card is also necessary. However, to prevent any delays, your Aadhaar must be current. You can update your Aadhaar card’s address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, and email address using the options listed below, either online through the UIDAI portal or offline by going to an Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Center.
What Can Aadhaar Card Information Be Updated Online?
According to recent advances, you can update your Aadhaar card information online, including your name (minimal changes), date of birth, address, and gender. Additionally, you can update/change your mobile number in your Aadhaar card online using the website of the Indian Postal Service. UIDAI and India Post just began offering this service together.
Online Aadhaar Update Procedure:
Online procedure for updating or revising name, address, phone number, etc.
1) Visit the Aadhaar’s Self-Service Update Portal (SSUP).
2) Click the “Proceed” button after cautiously reading the instructions.
3) Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
4) Enter the given text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP.
5) An OTP will be sent to the phone number registered in UIDAI’s database.
6) Enter this OTP to log in to your Aadhaar account.
7) Consecutively, you can use the TOTP feature to validate.
8) Tick the option “Address” and give “Submit”.
9) Share your residential address (as on Proof of Address (PoA)).
10) Click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
11) If the address needs to be modified, click on the “Modify” option.
12) Now check the declaration option and select the “Proceed” button.
13) Select the document type to be submitted for PoA verification.
14) Upload the address proof scanned copy and submit.
15) Click the “Yes” option after reading the confirmation dialogue.
16) Choose the BPO service provider to verify your details and select the “Submit” button.
17) The BPO service provider inspects if the details mentioned in the form match the POA and forwards your request to UIDAI.
18) Later, the authority accepted the update request and shared an acknowledgment slip.
19) The slip provided contains the Update Request Number (URN).
After the update, the new version is downloaded and printed out for future use.
However, all the required updates or corrections cannot be online. So at that time, one needs to visit the enrollment centre near them for the update of required changes in their Aadhaar card.
What Can Information Be Modified Offline?
In addition to the demographic information, a candidate’s biometric information, mobile number, and email address can be amended or updated by going to an Aadhaar Enrolment Center or Aadhaar Seva Kendra. For the majority of the updates to the demographic data, one needs to bring the necessary paperwork. No documents are needed for upgrading the biometrics, mobile number, and email ID.
Procedure to update Aadhaar Card Details by Visiting an Enrollment Centre
1) Fill out the Aadhaar correction form provided at the enrollment centre.
2) Ensure you enter the correct information, not the information mentioned in the MSME Registration.
3) Get proofs with self-attestation validating your update request.
4) Submit the form along with the required documents.
5) The government charges the applicant a minimal amount for every Enrollment Centre visit for updates or corrections.
Further, at the Enrollment Centre, you can update all the types of details, including your biometric data, image, etc.
Procedure to Update Aadhaar Card Details via Post
One can get the Aadhaar details to update offline and send the request via post to UIDAI.
1) First, Download online the “Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form” from https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf
2) Fill in the required details which you want to update or change in your Aadhaar card.
3) Get multiple photocopies of the documents where the requested changes are validated.
4) Finally, send the form along with documents to the postal address of UIDAI offices.
Uses of having an updated Aadhaar Card
There are various benefits of having an updated Aadhaar Card.
The aadhaar card is the most valuable identification card for an Indian citizen.
One can apply and obtain the only government-issued document from anywhere (online or offline). Moreover, one can apply and update it online as well. One can download the online Aadhaar or E-Aadhaar and use it as a physical Aadhaar. Likewise, with all the information updated, one can carry the E-Aadhaar document easily, holding the original documents at home or somewhere else safe.
The availability of a Digital Life Certificate. The pensioners of India receive it from the government. Pensioners need not be present physically to receive their pension. The pension agency can use the pensioners’ Aadhaar UIN (unique identification number) to provide them with the same. Also, one can receive their provident fund amount in the bank account by linking their pension account to the Aadhaar account.
By using Aadhaar, one can also apply for a passport more easily. Only Aadhaar can be used as proof of residence and identity during the passport application process. An Aadhaar number enables citizens to access all government subsidies and benefits. Linking Aadhaar with the 17-digit pin for LPG can provide subsidies for LPG. Also, the Aadhaar card is useful for opening a bank account.
Hence, we recommend that one updates their Aadhaar card with all correct information to ensure they are benefitted from all the points mentioned above and many others. Vakilsearch is the number one legal service provider in India. If you still face any issues regarding the aadhaar update, it is always better to connect the experts like Vakilsearch, who can do the process for you.
- The Process to Link Aadhaar to ITR
- Aadhaar Card Not Received Complaint
- What Documents Are Required for Aadhar Card?