Marriage registration is a formal process that allows the couple to get married and become husband and wife. If you want to know how to register for marriage in Mumbai, we are here to help!
Getting Married in Mumbai
Registering for marriage in Mumbai is very simple and straightforward. All you need is some identification, your marriage registration certificate and the required documents from your respective state or municipality.
Here are the steps on how to apply for registration in Mumbai:
- Verify Your Identity
The first step is to verify your identity. This can be done by providing some identification such as a Voters’ ID card, driving license, or passport. If you are unable to provide any of these documents for Register marriage, you can also sign a declaration that states that you are who you say you are.
- Get Married at a Government Office
If you’re able to provide your identification, the next step is to get married at a government office. This is usually done by exchanging wedding vows before an officiating official. Make sure to bring enough documents with you, including your marriage registration certificate and the required fees. You will also need to submit an application form and payment slip if applicable.
- Get Married Outside of Government Offices
If you’re not able to get married at a government office, you can still get married outside of it.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Apply for a marriage license with the province or municipality where you intend to get married.
- Come with all of your documents, including your registration certificate and the required fees.
- Get married at a private venue, such as a church or private home, in accordance with the law.
- Submit your documents after getting married, along with proof that you’ve completed it properly (such as a marriage certificate). If you wish to get married outside of the province or municipality in which you live, make sure to bring an extra copy of your ID to prove your residency there (in case this is needed).
Marriage Registration Fees
Mumbai is one of the most popular places to get married in India. The city has a variety of marriage registration offices to choose from, and the fees charged vary based on the office you choose.
The following are the different types of Marriage Registration offices in Mumbai and their respective fees:
1) Registration at the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) – This is the cheapest option, with a fee of ₹ 1,000. You must provide photocopies of your ID cards, passport pages with visa stamps if applicable, and two photographs taken within 10 days of the proposed marriage date.
2) Registration at a government office – If you want to get married at a government office, the fee will be generally ₹ 2,000.
Jurisdiction of Marriage Registration in Mumbai
If you are looking to get married in Mumbai, there are a few things that you need to know about the jurisdiction of marriage registration. In India, marriage is governed by the Indian Marriage Act, 1955. This act divides marriage into two categories – civil and religious. Civil marriages are registered with the state government, while religious marriages are registered with the local parish priest or temple authority.
If you are planning on getting married in Mumbai, it is important to first check which jurisdiction your wedding will take place under. Once you have determined which jurisdiction your wedding will take place under, you will need to contact the relevant office for more information.
Apply for Marriage Registration in Mumbai
You can apply for marriage registration in Mumbai either through the district magistrate’s office or the municipal corporation. The application form and other relevant documents have to be submitted at the respective offices. The process of applying for marriage registration may vary from one office to another, so it is important to consult an expert from the Vakilsearch team beforehand.
How to Apply for Marriage Registration in Mumbai
If you are looking to get married in Mumbai, there are a few things you will need to do in order to apply for marriage registration. Here are the steps:
- Go to the nearest municipal corporation office and find out which department registers marriages.
- Once you know which department registers marriages, go to that office and inquire about registering a marriage.
- You will need to provide the following information when registering your marriage:
-Your full name
-Your date of birth
-The names of the bride and groom
- In addition, you will need to provide two recent photographs of yourself.
Steps Involved in Marriage Registration
Verify your eligibility. Marriage registration: https://services.india.gov.in/service/detail/online-application-of-marriage-certificate is only available to couples who are both 18 years of age or older, and who can prove their relationship through valid documentation such as a birth certificate or passport.
Complete the required paperwork. This includes providing your full name, date of birth, citizenship status, and marital status.
Pay the registration fee. This varies depending on the municipality where you’re getting married, but usually ranges from ₹ 1,000 to ₹ 2,000.
Wait for confirmation. Once your paperwork has been processed and the fee has been paid, you’ll receive a notification confirming that your marriage has been registered with the relevant authorities.
- Actions taken for Fake Court Marriage Certificate
- Muslim Marriage Law – The Complete Details
- Marriage Registration Online Delhi