The reissue of your passport is a fairly straightforward process. The very first step is to register yourself on the passport website. All you need to do is go to the website and click on New User Register. You need to select the passport office as per your current residential address and register. You need to enter basic details like name, date of birth, login ID, password, and hint question.
The second thing is to activate your account using the email you get and login. After you login, you will see an option called ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’. Click on that and enter details. If you are changing any details like adding spouse information, their information according to documents.
Most important, you will need two local reference details. These are the people that you know in the village/ city/town around your area. According to the new rules, police verification is not required for reissue passports.
Once your application is created, next step is to check for available slots and then pay for it. There is an option on the website home page to check the slots as well.
You will have an option on the left saying ‘View Saved / Submitted Applications’. Select the application by clicking on the button. Then you will show options with links to them. You need to click on Pay and Schedule Appointment.
This will give option for payment, either online or pay with challan. Usually, it is easy to do it online way. Then you will have option to select the Passport Service Kendra and the time slot. It will show the available time slots options. You can select the same and then you will go for payment page where you can select your payment option.
Once payment is complete, you will have to print the application receipt and carry that with you on the appointment day. It will have a bar code as well; ensure that is clearly printed and the receipt has the payment confirmation info on it.
Documents Required for Passport Reissue
1. You must print out the online form that you printed out with the application reference number (ARN) and carry with you. It is mandatory to have this document with you.
2. Original Old Passport that is expiring or expired
3. Same Address as in your old passport: You may carry current address proof like a utility bill or bank statement or voter card.
4. Change in address: Address proof like a utility bill or bank statement.
5. Add spouse name: If you would like to add your spouse name, carry the original and photo copy of your marriage certificate. It is required. You need a photo copy that needs to be self attested.
6. If you plan to change details like name, you need to carry the original documents as well as the self attested photo copy. For the full list of accepted documents, go to http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/reissuePassport