In India, Service Tax has become redundant after the arrival of the Goods and Services Tax. So, the registration for GST has become important. There are certain documents that need to submitted for Service Tax Registration. The details in the documents should be accurate otherwise the process will get delayed.
All service-based businesses in India need to collect service tax once they hit Rs. 10 lakh in revenue in a single financial year. However, registration needs to be obtained on reaching a turnover of Rs. 9 lakh. Once you get a service tax registration, you must collect service tax from your customers even if your turnover drops below Rs. 10 lakh.
Here are the documents you would need to send by post to the division office for obtaining the ST-2:
1. Photograph of the applicant (proprietor/director/partner)
2. Self-attested copy of PAN Card of the proprietor or Company/LLP/Partnership
3. Identity proof of proprietor/director/partner (either Passport, Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License)
4. Address proof for the business (Rental Agreement, Sale Deed)
5. In case of rented property, NoC from owner
6. Bank Account Details
7. Any other licenses obtained from other government departments or agencies (Eg. Import Export Code)
Memorandum and Articles of Association, in case of company
8. LLP Agreement, in case of LLP
The required documents must be verified. A recent photograph of the applicant must be used. The bank details should be filled properly. If the property is rented a No Objection Certificate should be attached. If it is for the company Articles of Association and memorandum should be submitted.